Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Greek Line being DISCOUNTINUED....

txop

I have been seriously looking at the Omega 8000 and 8500. I have found either one for $399. That said which one would you get or would you just wait and see what's new after the first of the year.

This is from First Texas:

The Teknetics Greek series are the Alpha, Delta, Omega, and Gamma metal detectors and are being discontinued. We have only a few Gamma's remaining in stock. They are coming out with new models after the first of the year, but they have not released any information them.

Thanks for your thought on the Omega.

Harold

Those are good prices. I've also been thinking about a new 8000 or 8500. Thanks for your post, I had no idea they were being eliminated. Now I'm wondering about repairs down the road if needed and how long they will repair them. I think at this point I'll wait and see or consider something else. What ever is coming next hopefully will be very Omega like.

After having both, between the two, I'd go with 8000. I much preferred it over the 8500. The 8500 had some additional features but I didn't care for the clipped audio. In my local soil, it was hard to distinguish between a good target and a false signal. I was constantly having to stop and re-swing over every signal to check it out and there were way more false signals than actual target signals. I guess in milder ground with a much slower swing speed than I'm used to, the 8500 might have worked OK but my 8000 was much better for just going out and finding coins. JMHO

Will be a shame to see the Omega go. What a great coin hunter! Hopefully they'll bring back the 8000 in some new configuration. :thumbup:

Sand dog said:
Wyohunter99. I agree 100%. A multi tone G2+ would be awesome!

John

I'll second that. I'd like to see it have threshold control in discrimination and a boosted gain setting as well. Possibly the ability to take a concentric coil ?

I have received a few emails wanting to know where I got my information so I will post it here.

I email First Texas through Amazon. They have 8000's there listed at $399 so I asked them if they would add the 8500 to Amazon for $399 so I could buy one. That is what they are listed for on their direct sells site.

Anyway I get this reply back:

Hello,
The Greek series line are being discontinued by Teknetics. We will not be bringing in any more inventory as they are being phased out.

Best Regards,

Ed Pavlasek
Texas Premium Detectors
1-800-876-3463
www.texaspremiumdetectors.com

I have had a few tell me this is incorrect information so if anyone feels like calling him and gets different information please post it here.

Thanks,

Harold

Ok. Well that's were the info came from. Not sure where he got it. May be bad info but they sure have drop the prices so it made since to me.

Harold,

I can see how you were confused.

First Texas Products of El Paso Texas makes Fisher, Teknetics and Bounty Hunter Detectors.

The “Greek Series “ Detectors are not discontinued. \

The Omega 8000 was replaced by the Omega 8500 earlier this year.

Sorry the ill-informed dealer lead you astray.

Not sure where he got that info from. I think it being the end of the year all sorts of rumors are flying. I just saw on the Fisher forum saying Fisher is announcing a new detector on the 23rd. It's that time of year so who knows.

The new detectors are the F75+ and T2+ and according to a dealer who,posted on another forum - they will be released on the 1st of December.

Again, sorry you were misinformed, but it wasn’t First Texas Products who misinformed you.

What has happened is that 'dealers' are pissed because Teknetics has gone to direct sales. Teknetics went to direct sales because when you called the dealer to inquire about a Tek model, the dealer would steer you to something else they wanted you to buy.

The Direct Sale still works out for the dealer. If a dealer steers you to a Tek, you get a discount and they get credit for the sale. Plus they don't even have to carry the inventory in stock. Which isn't new as most of them didn't stock anyway. They were already direct shipping everthing from the factory.

This is one of my pet peeves, calling a dealer and having the guy try to sell me something else. I never buy from them and never give those guys a second chance for my business, either.

HH
Mike

You told the truth there! Many times I was told by the company, don't complain about the backorders sale them what you have in stock.

I've had my Omega 8000 for eight years now...I still use it frequently and it's still a great detector...works well on salt beaches, even in water/wet sand...I use mine in all metal mode when at the beach. If you can pick one up at a good price, especially if it comes with some sort of warranty, then I would go for that. Good luck with your decision. HH