Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Greek Series Question..

Woodstock

I was wondering if all the Fisher coils from F5 down will fit on the Greek series lineup? Anyone know? Thanks to all and Happy Trails, Woodstock

I know the older Greek series had the push in plugs but later they were changed to screw type. I thought Fishers were the same. Does this mean that Fishers from F4 down today still have the old style plugs ? I thought when Tek changed to screw type Fisher did as well ? Thanks for your input and I hope someone else can weigh in on this. HH, Woodstock

I dont know if this helps but I have a F2 and it came with the screw type plug! They said that all the newer fishers have a screw connector.

The Fisher F5 is the same frequency as the Greek series detectors, as well as their relatives the BH Gold, and Platinum, so this is why the F5 coils work on the Teks. Coils from other machines may screw in, but they were not designed to operate, or calibrated at the same frequency. The Bounty Hunter Gold and Platinum use the older style push in connector.

Fisher F5 coils and fratbros coils are interchangeable... i bought a SEF for F5 and runs perfectly on my Gamma! Fisher F2/F4 coil cannot be mounted on fratbros machines, even if they have the same connector... Teknetics G2/Fisher Gold Bug coils can be mounted on the fratbros machines and (it seems) vice versa (never tried it)...

See you!