Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Green Mountain Metal Detecting

I agree. I live in southeast VT, and thought maybe I could detect where he was, just to see if he missed anything.

Good Luck! He & his friends sure find the lost goodies of the past in searching in the woods of Vermont but suffer from Mosquitos & Bug Bites, which wasn't my cup of tea in hunting lost treasure! :cautious: Ma

I agree. I live in southeast VT, and thought maybe I could detect where he was, just to see if he missed anything.
If you can get permission, I say go for it! I've been relic hunting my same sites for over 25 years. There's ALWAYS something good missed. Good luck!

Good Luck! He & his friends sure find the lost goodies of the past in searching in the woods of Vermont but suffer from Mosquitos & Bug Bites, which wasn't my cup of tea in hunting lost treasure! :cautious: Ma
They make this stuff now I think they call it bug
Ma they make this stuff called bug repellent here in Florida it's highly sought-after here in the sunshine state.
I don't know if they sell it in Missouri yet but we have bugs biting bugs here in FLA.:giggle:

They make this stuff now I think they call it bug

Ma they make this stuff called bug repellent here in Florida it's highly sought-after here in the sunshine state.
I don't know if they sell it in Missouri yet but we have bugs biting bugs here in FLA.:giggle:
Oh, you can be assured we have buting bugs in MISSOURI, also--Mosquitos, Ticks, horseflies, agravating gnats & etc! Yes, there is bug repellent--But I am disabled & don't go detecting any longer; so this stay at home old lady has no need for it! Good Luck & God Bless! Ma

Ma I'm just pulling your leg.
God bless
I know and no problem here--They say in Texas the bugs & mosquitos are like HUGE---as everything grows BIGGER in The Lone-Star State & Florida is closer to it than Missouri--The Show me State! :biggrin: God Bless & may He help keep those onery bugs from biting! ;) Ma

I know and no problem here--They say in Texas the bugs & mosquitos are like HUGE---as everything grows BIGGER in The Lone-Star State & Florida is closer to it than Missouri--The Show me State! :biggrin: God Bless & may He help keep those onery bugs from biting! ;) Ma
I have lived in Texas also I thought Florida got hot in the summer but Texas in the summer is like jumping out of the Florida frying pan into the Texas fire

I have lived in Texas also I thought Florida got hot in the summer but Texas in the summer is like jumping out of the Florida frying pan into the Texas fire
That seems to be what CJM on the Christian Metal Detecting Forum keeps saying--Scorching heat & very little rain--sure glad I don't live in Texas and I hate Gators & snakes (Rattlers, Cotton Mouths & Copperheads) besides that they also get Huricanes passing through With strong Winds that kill & do damages --Missouri looking pretty good to me right now--Been here all my life & likely I'm gonna be here 'til I die! But have travelled through & saw many states on our family's vacations, though! Even saw Calgary, Canada & saw Niagra Falls & the 1968 Expo in Eastern Canada I believe Montreal--how easy it is to forget when old age comes to people! SAD! Ma

Another thing people say " oh in Texas it's a dry heat" Dry heat my butt.
By the time you walk to the mailbox and back you're soaked in sweat
the humidity is so thick you can cut it with a knife and it will be 105 degrees every day for weeks on end.
In Florida you have the east and west coast which keeps the air moving most of the time so it stay below 100 degrees but humid as hell like Texas.

Another thing people say " oh in Texas it's a dry heat" Dry heat my butt.
By the time you walk to the mailbox and back you're soaked in sweat
the humidity is so thick you can cut it with a knife and it will be 105 degrees every day for weeks on end.
In Florida you have the east and west coast which keeps the air moving most of the time so it stay below 100 degrees but humid as hell like Texas.
Well when in the Sunny state of Florida during vacationing there--IT RAINED EVERYDAY--& on cloudy days I was sunburned more than on sunny ones! How's that for Sunny Florida? :giggle: Ma

I live in S.E. Georgia and I really have to watch out for the critters that want to inject you with poison or have you for lunch. I think the worst are the gnats around her. They swarm and try to make life miserable for me. I've tied over a dozen different repellents and nothing seems to work. They suck deet off my skin like it's a root beer float. I have a word for them which I can't repeat here. Besides I don't want to embarrass Ma.

I live in S.E. Georgia and I really have to watch out for the critters that want to inject you with poison or have you for lunch. I think the worst are the gnats around her. They swarm and try to make life miserable for me. I've tied over a dozen different repellents and nothing seems to work. They suck deet off my skin like it's a root beer float. I have a word for them which I can't repeat here. Besides I don't want to embarrass Ma.
YES, I know & when they fly into eyes or up the nose I would have liked to curse them by calling them what I thought of them But dad would have whopped me & God, too! Dad cussed but we kids couldn't--Not in hearing distance of our always right father, anyway! :censored: Ma