Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Grey Ghost and the Infinium

HawaiiMDer

My Infinium and Grey ghost will be here in about two weeks. Does anyone know how to wire the headphones to work with the Infinium. I was made to believe by the dealer that sold me the headsets that Garey Storm from Detector Pro would know how to do it. Unfortunately i called him and he has no idea how. I'm graciously asking if anyone could provide me with the necessary information to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Ken

There are pigtails you can buy to plug in you favorite headphones or you can email Garrett and they will send you the proprietary plug to wire you own to a standard jack. Garrett provides the wiring instructions as well.

PennyFinder

Got mine from Reid..very nice ..good price total was 32.00 after shipping

The headphone adapters are $29.00 now after DIV they will also go up to $39.00 I will keep the price the same for all DIV people at DIV until they are gone.

Home Computers LLC

757-723-6220
homecomputers@cox.net
reid_man@cox.net

Just did some converting on the stock phones to the peltor earmuffs, better then the GG & BW's {22db rating on both, 27 on the peltors}

i just placed an order with Garrett for the waterproof connectors and wiring diagram for $19.99 + shipping. Just got in my GG today. Infinium should be in by the end of today as well. Excited i tell you!!!!! Wooooohooooooo!!!

Ken

Hey i have to say that after the surgery to the headphones, the grey ghost headphones work great with the infinium. It quieted down the tone response considerably as compared to the stock land headphones, so much so i don't have to do the rubber in the ear cups mod as many of you have.

Ken

Hi Ken,
I have run across a deal on an infinium. It will double as a relic and a water machine. I have also decided on the GreyGhost underwater headphones for both applications of course.. I have not seen a picture of the adaptor from Garrett. How do you wire the headphones to it and what makes the connection waterproof? Thanks
Ed

It comes in 6-7 different parts. There is the o-ring at the base of the connect that acts as the water proof connection for the headphones entering the control unit. Then there is the rubber compression fitting where the wire flex guard meets the actual connector on top, that makes the wire going into the actual connector water tight. The waterproof connector for the Infinium is the same connector on their land headphones but only in black. No difference at all. The only difference between the DYI connector and the manufacture installed connector is a very tight fitting within the body of the connector that does not come with the DYI connector. I just did the install for my buddy's Infinium a couple of hours ago. As you can see by the photos the connectors are the same!!!!!

Ken

Thanks for the info. You have answered all of my concerns and the pictures are worth a thousand words.
Ed