Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Grey ghost underwater headphones for CTX?

li-mike

Hi, I just purchased the CTX and would like to purchase some underwater headphones. I see that grey ghost sells a pair. I was wondering if anybody has used them and what there thoughts were. I figured I would ask before I decided between minelab underwater and the grey ghost headphones. Thank you, Mike

They are awesome!! I really like the quality of the adapter and I would never think of Koss over GG's anyway.

I have a set works great and the folks selling them are first class. Helped me out with a question I ask on email quickly. Would go GG for sure.

Jason

I love them I had the Koss form minelab do not waste your money they are nowhere near the grey ghost. Several vendors on here sell them. I order the combo and got the DMC for land I happy with both. Detector Pro makes a great product. here is a thread you may find helpful http://www.findmall.com/read.php?86,1731139

Hope this helps

mtwolf2270
you can email me at mtwolf2270@hotmail.com since you cannot get pm's yet and I will tell where I ordered mine

Thank you all for your fast responses and help. I very much appreciate it.
Mtwolf, thank you very much for the link and helping me find them. I will be sure to email you when I get home.
Thank you all again, mike

Hi.I have my gray GG underwater headphones and don't even have my ctx yet.:drinking:It comes tomorrow.These headphones seem very well built.Can't tell you anymore then that for now.
Scott

Thank you so much guys, I just ordered mine. They said I should have them by Tuesday. I will be sure to keep you posted
Thanks again, MIke

I'm still confused about how underwater headphones work. Does the water completely fill the headpone cups and your ear canal? Or does the ear pad make a water tight seal somehow?

And, do the GG underwater headphones sound just as good as the regual model if you use them for land hunting or do you need a second pair for land?

Thanks for explaining this to me.

Wally

Waterproof headphones have an underwater speaker and water does get in the cups and your ears. The wires are also waterproof so no water gets in the electronics of the machines.

I own both I use mine for wading the waterproof in case i drop them but you can dive with them. They are good enough for land but with the connector you could not use them with the wireless so I bought DMC Gray Ghost for land the sound a little better but i wanted to use wireless so I needed both.

I just received my underwater grey ghost headphones today. They seem to be made very well and work great!!! I also purchased the land version as well for the wireless setup
Thanks again :)

Mike I am glad you like them. I think you will like the land also.

I have the Koss one on my Excaland they are alway moving around trying to come off. I bought some GG's for my CTX and they are awesome.

I have little volume in my GG underwater headphones, even though I have all the volume controls turned all the way up. Detector Pro says there is a frequency adjustment I can try, but was not sure how to go about doing this. Anyone have any idea?

My regular headphones work great.

I am expecting my Gray Ghost to arrive here sometime Friday and hope they turn out to be as good for me as they seem to be for others that have them. I have been using my Sun-Ray Pro-Golds for land hunting without any problem so far. I haven not even taken the Minelab's out of the plastic yet and probably won't need to but I will have them for my back-up. Can't wait to try the new GG out when they arrive.