Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GreyGhost UW phones - "o" ring - head phone module - questions

Atlas

Did a bit of searching and it looks like the consensus is that the GreyGhost UW phones are the best so I'm gonna order some. Planning on a Florida trip in the near future and plan on some water hunts so I'll be needing a pair. I saw a few references to a volume issue? is that still an issue?

I was also researching some of the posts on using the unit in the water and saw where some had some leaks in the battery area. I have always used a thin film of silicon gel on my o rings on other units and saw this discussed a bit. One question I have is how do you suggest getting it on the O ring gasket. It is recessed in the grove quite deep. Another issue comes to mind with the narrow groove how would you get the O ring out to clean it if you had to. I've had to take O rings out of other machines and run under water to get lint and heaven forbid sand off of them etc. It would be nice if one could get spare O rings is that possible? I have to admit that the tension on the seal doesn't seem very strong and it is a large seal.

This may seem like a dumb question but regarding the headphone module. I realize that it is not waterproof but is it rain proof. That is if hunting in the rain should it be removed and the cap put on if hunting with the wireless module (which would be in a ziplock)? I guess if it is raining that much a guy should just use the greyghost UW phones. I have been in a situation where I was using the stock phones and the wireless module under my raincoat but started to wonder about the wireless module so I covered with a ziplock.

Atlas, those are very good questions and some that I have also wondered about. Hope that we get some good answers. I have also noticed that during this very hot spell in Florida, when I put my gray ghost headphones over the end of my detector body with the muffs touching the red and white painted area (CTX 3030), some of the red paint has come off onto my headphones. Is this normal, and if so how can it be prevented? I no longer let my headphones touch the painted area, but this does not seem right that this should happen in the first place.

The volume of the UW Grey Ghost's are a little weak. Unfortunatly there is no volume adjustment on them.
But even though they are a little weak, the cups fit my ear's well, and they do not allow outside noise to
penetrate thru.

Jason, in TN said you can take a penny and push against the o-ring and it will make it where you can get it out. That is when it is dry, not sure how it will work with grease on it?

GG underwater have a limiter in them but there are some guys that have bypassed it with success if you search you should be able to find info on that mod?

Enjoy

Jerry

Hey answered your PM on the penny trick works great. Another thing once you put the silicon on explained in pm do not open it up at the beach it is sticky and sand will stick to oring. Wash it good with fresh water and let it dry before you take the battery off to charge. Have had mine in the water a lot over a hundred hours of beach and water hunting no leaks yet.

Headphones I got the grey ghost regular ones with the plug put on them Max had them made up some where. The regular ones sound a lot better and are not able to be submerged but work fine for me. Have hunted for four hours at the beach with a hard rain and never had a problem. I would say if you dunk them it may kill them but they are pretty water resistant lets say. Hope this helps.

Jason

Hi - if anyone wants to mod a pair of their headphones to fit in the waterproof 8 pin connector - I have some spare waterproof connectors available. PM me.

PS - I made that mod on the GG Originals especially for Max..........

Looking for the post on the GG underwater headphone modification. Searched the forum for the GG underwater headphone modification to allow for louder sound, but couldn't find any post about it. Need some help.

Barry BlisstoolUSA said:
Hi - if anyone wants to mod a pair of their headphones to fit in the waterproof 8 pin connector - I have some spare waterproof connectors available. PM me.

I purchased one of them from you and I want to use my Audio Surge H2O waterproof earbuds but I am not sure how to go about it. I guess I should buy a cheap dollar store set of earbuds to see what wires are what. Have you ever connected one of these to earbuds before?

Hi - no I have never connected to ear buds.
I assume you cut off the 1/8" male connector then strip the insulator off the 2 wires then connect into the CTX connector. I doubt it will create a waterproof connection as the wire for the earbuds is probably too thin to seal out the water...

DaytonaGold said:
Barry BlisstoolUSA said:

I purchased one of them from you and I want to use my Audio Surge H2O waterproof earbuds but I am not sure how to go about it. I guess I should buy a cheap dollar store set of earbuds to see what wires are what. Have you ever connected one of these to earbuds before?