Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gridding in the snow and other tales

laplander

Administrator
Staff member
Temps broke above freezing today and I was ready after our little blizzard and temps at -12. With 6 inches on the ground the dirt in the timber didn't freeze. First target out the gate was a solid 12 ended up being a shotgun base. Next up was a 28 singing like silver and it didn't disappoint. My first silver of the year and a good date to boot. Ended up with a nice suspender buckle and a whatchamacallit.
HH Jeff

Attachments

• 20220104_174445.jpg
    20220104_174445.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 162
  • 20220104_174454.jpg
    20220104_174454.jpg
    935.8 KB · Views: 149
  • 20220104_174503.jpg
    20220104_174503.jpg
    916.5 KB · Views: 146
  • 20220104_174520.jpg
    20220104_174520.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 160
I would like to know who was wearing that garter belt ...;)
Good findings. Congratulations
P.S:
question:
Why do they call that coin a barber?

Beautiful finds!!!! Lucky you can get to a spot and swing, I’m at 25F and about 12-14” snow and big storm to bring another 4-6” tonite. Gonna be FOREVER before we are going to get back out!

Its called a Barber for the name of the man who designed it, Charles Barber, Chief Engraver at the Mint at the time.

Beautiful finds!!!! Lucky you can get to a spot and swing, I’m at 25F and about 12-14” snow and big storm to bring another 4-6” tonite. Gonna be FOREVER before we are going to get back out!

Its called a Barber for the name of the man who designed it, Charles Barber, Chief Engraver at the Mint at the time.
6 inches deep snow here with 12 degrees. Had to go to a timber site to beat the frost and wind 🥶

[QUOTE="Ronstar, post: 2352325, member

[/QUOTE]

Thanks Ron. He did not know it and the literal translation is "hairdresser" or "barber" Therefore, he did not associate it with the coin. Now I know what a surname is. Thanks again.

Temps broke above freezing today and I was ready after our little blizzard and temps at -12. With 6 inches on the ground the dirt in the timber didn't freeze. First target out the gate was a solid 12 ended up being a shotgun base. Next up was a 28 singing like silver and it didn't disappoint. My first silver of the year and a good date to boot. Ended up with a nice suspender buckle and a whatchamacallit.
HH Jeff
Jeff, you must have had a feeling and it paid off big time! Nice digs, congratulations!
Tony NJ

The Barber is a beauty! The broken watchamacallit looks like crude 3 tine cultivator 😂