Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ground Balance or No Ground Balance?

I know that the manual says a ground balance should not be performed unless the ground is highly mineralized. In my experience, a good ground balance is imperative for maximum depth. Why is it better NOT to ground balance the CTX-3030?

You are correct that operating with a proper ground balance will enhance your hunt. But note that ground balance on the CTX 3030 is not fixed. As a default mode, the CTX 3030 incorporates Automatic Ground Balance (aka Tracking). And as you mentioned, you can "shut off" Auto GB by implementing manual GB in those areas with high levels of mineralization. But if you don't activate GB, the CTX will adjust the ground phase automatically throughout the hunt. HH Randy

I ground bal every time I fire it up. :twodetecting:

I have never had my auto sensitivity run low enough to warrant ground balancing.