Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ground Balance question for ALL F70 users?

MarkCZ said:
REVIER said:
Regarding the coin capabilities of this thing at a site that has enough to show what it can do.
Yesterday's hunt, 3.5 hours hunting the sidelines of a few soccer fields.
Many of these coins were on edge but that doesn't seem to matter.
Sense at 85, thresh at -3, discrimination at 15, 4H tones using the standard elliptical.
Most coins were between 1 and 4" deep, a few deeper.
Notice the nickel amount...plus all the other coins.
If you can't find coins with this thing you either have dead batteries or something else weird is going on.

"REVIER" I know I'm still learning the F70 but I have been around detecting for a lot of years and whenever I'm clad stabbing shallow stuff, lets say 4" or less I usually go for the milder side of settings like sensitivity and threshold, my question is I noticed a mild threshold, but pretty HOT sensitivity @ 85?
I know you have some logic behind this but for my clad stabbing I've settled in on the sensitivity @ 45 I'm I missing out on something??
Thanks

Mark

Naahh...read my posts and you will come to know I am just crazy.
A new site and I wasn't sure if there was anything deeper which there wasn't, but most of all this thing was dead silent at this setting so why not?
85 or so is my usual sense setting for old parks that could have deep coins if not higher, and even if it is a bit noisy in some areas at a few I don't mind so it just became a habit.
Sometimes I will lower it down to about 60 when I want a quieter experience at a noisy park and still have confidence I can get deep enough for my needs.
The deepest stuff around here seems to be between the 6-8" depth area, but I have dug coin sized junk targets from 10-15" in the past.
I once picked up a dime at a measured 5" with my sense at 19 and thresh in the low negative numbers..
The tone was skewed and weird sounding but solid in DE, changing to SL the tone became normal.
After that I never worried about depth again at any sense setting.
When hunting parks using any coil including the big DD I sometimes wander into some heavy trash areas like around picnic pavilions or tennis courts.
At those times I lower the sense to between 30 and 40 and just pluck out the good targets from the trash with the now laser like pinpointing tool the coil becomes at those lower settings.

If you really want to know how crazy I am check out the 2 methods I practiced and got good at using last summer for hunting in heavy trash and especially in sites with an insane amount of iron.
The second way was from rocket Tom's advice by using 1 tone, disc at 6, (or higher when coin shooting), and from low to high sense settings depending on how much noise I feel like dealing with at the time.
With practice and in DE to take advantage of the faster processing power I learned to pick out the goodies in real trashy sites.

Before I even attempted that in what I called the iron mine I successfully pulled out some fantastic coins and other targets where nobody else seemed to be able to do before with some other high end machines.including me using several detectors and coils and I did that using what I call the blast through method.
All metal, sense at 99, thresh at 9, SL speed.
Crazy right...especially at a site where everything was absolutely masked by some sort of iron, and mostly using the big DD coil I might add.
It took a bit of time and practice but eventually I started to see patterns in all the crazy jumping signals and I started to notice blocks of good numbers in all that mess.
Over time I could pick out the non ferrous targets at this site by will, and usually only dug iron when I thought it might be interesting.
Still got fooled once in awhile but that became rarer and rarer as I got better at this method.
I used it other similar iron infested sites and it worked there too so not a fluke and another important method and tool ingrained in my brain to pull out in the future when needed.
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?37,2105767,2113762#msg-2113762

I move that sense setting from 30 to 99 at sites as I need it.
This detector can do so many things so well if you figure out the right settings to use for the conditions you encounter.
The thing still amazes me on almost every hunt and I am just this side of being a noob in my journey to completely understanding this tool as far as I am concerned.
I will probably never completely understand it, too much to learn, but one by one I am gathering enough info and settings that work at specific sites for my needs.

Hold your pinpoint button down, find a spot of ground with no metal. Then push ground grab, bob the coil until sound is same when raising and lowering coil . Go hunting

Mud, I kind of got the idea of how all your motions are for your speed hunting, but I haven't been able to figure out how you can PP your target so fast and accurate to be able to jump on a target with just a screw driver and come up with a coin in 15 seconds or so. So if you could explain how you do actual PP and recovery it may help speed things up for me. I haven't found a 100 coins in one day yet, so I would like break my own record of 97.

Thanks Ron in WV

mudpuppy said:
:rofl: "If you cant find coins with this thing, its either got dead batteries or something else weird is going on"..:clapping:

That statement pretty much sums up the F70!...its the perfect tool for how this Sport has morphed over the years...inland gold, jewelry, clad, even an occasional silver coin missed during the "Great Silver Wars" of the 70's-80's

Thats what its come to, all the easy public silver is mostly gone..plenty of nickels, clad, jewelry and gold still there though..:thumbup:.

And Fast! :surprised:

If you are looking for something that can deliver Century Days consistently, long batt life, light, etc.etc....If you are in the right type of town, with the right kind of weather, and a moderate hunter, a guy will easily find $100 bucks/month in clad alone, on ONE set of batteries, just hunting weekends!!...I am trying to remember an ultimate speed test...it was in the Fall of 2012 I believe, when I was shooting for a 10k coin year...I timed myself for 1/2hr at a place loaded with clad...I got 70+ coins in 1/2hr with the thing...the place was a solid carpet of clad, pulled well over 200 coins that day I remember...still....a fellow's biggest challenge is developing a super speedy and comfortable target recovery method to maximize the 70's strengths..:thumbup: I found the pics of a 3 day run back in 2012, Nov 18th-20th...here they are...

In a few more years, after all financial transactions are digital, and nobody carries any metal money, we will be telling stories around the campfire of the "Great Clad Grab" days of the early 2000's! :lmfao:
Mud.

OK...I'll do a separate post on speed stabbin in a few minutes...I gotta go get a new furnace filter, Wife is making me..I dont see what her deal is?..:shrug:.

Handy tip: they last for a LONG time if you dont take them out of the plastic!:rofl:
Mud