Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GROUND BALANCE TROUBLE???

ixlr8

Went to a park in North Hollywood today, could not get the Vision ground balanced? Tried several different spots and programs, nothing worked! Luckily I had the DFX as a back up. It worked fine, even found a few wheat's. has anyone else had this problem?
What can you do to get it balanced in a tough environment? drove me crazy. Let me also say that I have never had this problem before with the Vision, It's always worked perfect.

Thanks,
Steve

southern California

I have ran into this at one site that I went to. I lowered the RX and Disc and it balanced fine. I'm thinking that it was too hot for the environment. Try going back and see if a lower setting works...you can even lower it a lot and then raise it until it won't balance or you see falsing, then back it off some. Let us know how it goes, if you do go back.

Steve,

It's my understanding (can't remember where I read this) that even if you can't GB, once you start hunting the auto track will kick in and the GB.

Bill

wpaxt said:
Steve,

It's my understanding (can't remember where I read this) that even if you can't GB, once you start hunting the auto track will kick in and the GB.

Bill

That is true, if you have it set to autotrack. I do know some people that don't ground balance and let it autotrack in...maybe 10 sweeps. It depends on where i hunt. Trashy areas I turn it off and manually ground balance if I start to get weird (falsing) signals. If there is little trash I might turn it on and let the machine auto ground balance.

I would suspect the search coil. A few of the DD coils had problems. Since you have a DFX, just switch coils and give it a go. Be sure the TX boost is off and run your RX gain down to 3 or 4. If it balances with the DFX coil(s) you have your answer.
Good Luck
John London

Thanks to all who posted advice, lots of good info. I will be going back to that park and will try your suggestions. Thanks for the e-mail Deathwind1.

Thanks again
Steve

Just start hunting, with auto track on it will balance itself after a few swings.

Steve, Have you used that NEW BigFOOT on the V3???

Did you see a "RED DOT" in the BigFOOT coil?

Jerry

Hey Jerry,
I have not tried it on the Vision, I don't see a red dot. interesting thought I guess it cant hurt to try, next time i go to the beach i will give it a whirl. You need to get over to that park in pacoima, Marcos and I are pulling out a lot of silver. I'm thinking there might be a half dollar somewhere in that park.

Steve