Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ground balancing

lumacurve

Hello all, I just purchased a new V3i ( traded in the soverign gt) and love this new detector! My question is this: when ground balancing the owners manual say to squeeze and hold the trigger while holding the enter button,pump the search coil till background hum becomes steady. When I do this the background hum will null out completely?? Is this what they consider steady ? Still finding lots of coins (all clad so far) but just wondering if I'm ground balancing it right? Thanks!

If your threshold is nulling out, you are probably over iron, try to find a cleaner spot to GB and follow Neil advise.

Don't forget to reverse the order of trigger and Enter button.

Ground Balance - Squeeze and hold the Trigger press and hold the ENTER button, pump the search coil
(loop) over the ground (1-12 inches) until the background hum becomes steady, release ENTER and then release trigger and begin searching.

Pull the trigger (pinpoint) to find the clean spot to ground balance,

Do you mean when in pinpoint or all-metal? When I check my GB point in pinpoint, if the threshold goes silent when approaching the ground with the coil, it usually means it isn't balanced properly.

During balancing, mine never gets to being completely even, which is a little disconcerting. The first couple of pumps seem to make a big adjustment in GB point and threshold steadiness. Then I can pump 30 more times and it will still always get a little burst of sound on each pump. This is in clean mild (1% probe) ground.

I find that if I slow my pump action down it balances much Quicker:detecting: