Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ground Hawk Metal Detector?

Woodchuck

Anybody got one? Always been interested in this detector but only seen one for sale once. Heard they were a great detector.

You just missed one on Ebay for $300. It's not for me but if you want a relic hunter only with an 8" coil, it will hold it's own, but for a few bucks more, I would rather have a White's M6 with target ID and a wide selection of coils and have a coin hunter as well. :shrug:

I can't believe I missed that !ben looking for one for years,and I look there all the time too.

No way to get it fixed now. Guy stopped making them.

I field tested this detector some years ago and posted my results on forums resulting in a sales spike for them.

Yep I got one when George was talking it up; still got it; a great relic hunter. I have made some great finds with mine in tough ground. It pretty much only discs iron but good targets let you know they're good. I wrote a review on it a few months after I got it. I think the reason Ken Ray quit making them is because he was inundated with orders shortly after George starting talking about them, and I don't think his plan was to be a metal detector manufacturer full time. He said he had everyone in his family putting them together. Mine quit working shortly before DIV, but Ken had it back to me for the second day. It did a better job than any VLF I've tried in that bad ground. BUT, good coil control was a must. I haven't had any problems with it since, but I'm pretty sure Ken would fix it if I did. Wish he'd start making them again. People are missing out on a nice machine. Try calling Ken at Ken's Electronics in Henderson, Tennessee, at 731-989-3800, and he might be able to make, sell, steal you one. Nice guy.