Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ground Phase #s

hang7575

In the screen that gives you the ground phase #s you zero the detector then put coil on ground ,What numbers are considered mild, moderate and highly mineralized. My ground reads 91? I would think that that would help you in your ground filter selection

ak_1234 has some good answers on this thread:

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?66,956463,956772#msg-956772

So the VDI number at top of screen is converted from phase #s so a vdi converted # of 91 is low mineralization??

I don't use the phase, but I would I would guess that a phase # of 90 would be considered very low mineralization, (salt) and the VDI might be near 0. High mineralization would have a high phase #, maybe 160 or better and the VDI might be in the -80's to -90's.

Anne??? Am I close?

The phase angle #s for each frequency are all around 168 degrees with converted VDI# of 91, I am starting to think I am back in physics class, one thing about this machine if you can totally understand it and the manual you will definately will be able to talk the talk!!

From what I understand is the phase # of 168 would be considered very high mineralization. On the DFX that would be a -91 to -94. I just don't know on the V3. Guess I will have to mess around with it some more.