Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GT arrived Today

Tin Fin

My "new" used GT arrived today; now I just have to get a couple additional coils - between this and the excal, I will be set pretty well for a variety of circumstances. And I have been doing my homework via history of come family land - with very interesting results that I hope to be able to present via photos within a few months ;) some of it is "classic" hunting, some of it isn't, but it's all interesting. I've been working at learning the excal - and will be learning the GT now too. I'm an itching for it now....

n/t

Congrats mine will be here today.. I am waiting on the big brown truck.

You'll not be sorry, nor shall you ever look back

Pete Downunder

hello just found this forum im new to metal detecting an bought a GT can some of you pros out there tell me would it be a gain by fitting a meter on this tool if found the odd coin but struggling a bit with the tones etc. might be passing over somethng i should of dug up. thanks Arwel

Congrats, I hope your enjoy your new machine very much. It's a great one and I look forward to seeing your finds with it. HH -Marc

mwnci - for now, dig everything; it's probably the best way to learn the sounds and meter. I try to determine what the item is before digging, and then prove it to myself by digging. The sounds are confusing at first, but it won't take long for you to start to make the connections to the sounds and the items. Aluminum and Gold though - I dig a lot of aluminum because it can sound so close to gold (size and shape of target, and coil speed over the target all make a difference it seems). Stick with it, it will come - it will take some time, as I'm finding out, but it will come. Best of luck,

HH,

Good Luck Tin Fin.....You have the Fever!!

Yeah OBN, it's just about the best kind of fever I've ever had. But I'm in it for the duration too.