Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GTI 2500 and WHITE NEW DETECTOR

OK Garrett needs to put out a new detector.
That detector from Whites has one of the best if not the best ID system on a detector.
Don't get me wrong the GTi is a hot detector.
BUT THAT BAD A$$ DETECTOR FROM WHITES WILL GET GARRETT'S ATTENTION

But it doesn't have "IMAGING"......you are comparing apples and oranges from what I see.. I've been around long enough to figure out what actually is of some assistance to help the detectorists get great finds. And......... the new whites costs 2 x as much as a GTI 2500.

I'll stick with my GTI 2500! I know it inside out and like it's simple turn on and go features. :) And it WORKS!

Yeah and when Garrett puts one out it will probably blow that one away. They want way too much money for a video game on a stick.

Bill

Yeah and you don't have to stand around all day going through menus and setting programs and all the other crap it takes to operate it. I have no use for those kinds of machines plus there ain't no tector worth what they are selling that thing for.

Bill.

I had a DFX and I sold it.Pop cans and quarters usually share the same vdi number on the dfx:84 or 85.Can't tell you how many times I've dug cans that Ithought were quarters.The GTI2500 is a turn-on-and-go machine,and the size B at 6 inches tells me that I'm digging a quarter-not a drink can.

I hate digging junk,but you'll hardly dig junk with the gti.People who criticize this machine saying it's not very deep simply don't take the time to get used to it.I've dug wheats from 8 to 9 inches with it.

If Garrett comes out with a new top o the line it will still be less cost than that sucker and will be much more user friendly. And will have some new gizmos that just Garrett can come up with. I dont want to pay $1700 for muli freq machine, as much as I want one....LOVE THE 2500 IMAGING. The new Whites will give a size of the target though in a pretty cool way but not $1700 cool. GTI 2500 $950 is fine w me.

Alan...fan of user friendly!

Love my 2500. I have a hunting buddy that uses a whites detector.Thinks they are greatest.Funny though ,he's always asking me to use my Garrett imaging on targets he finds.Can be a pain in my aaaaaaaaaa!

hunted with a buddy of mine that got one of those high dollar machines recently.my old 550 came out about as good as he did.think i will stay with what i know.seems that it performs just as good.

Once you separate the "NEEDS TO KNOW" from the "NICE TO KNOW", you realize that you are paying a lot of features that are really of no value, and playing with them uses up precious time that could be used for detecting. And....there's no PROFILING or IMAGING! :(

Very inadequate statement. Have any depth? Too many variables involved to give you any credit for that. Depth isn't the #1 reason to buy a detector anyways, unless you are new to the sport, in which case it is all the rage.

Have fun with whatever machine you use. :)

That's happened to me numerous times too. I size it, ID it and give the depth. They dig it and get to keep the silver coin. That really sucks! :rofl:

I can't agree more. It was designed for coin, jewellery and relics. Once you learn how to use it, you save so much time digging only the good targets, and leave the junk behind.

There is a limit to what people will pay for quality. I don't know where that line is drawn at, but a lot of people have stated that $1700.00 US / $2,054.78 CAN. is just too much $$$.

Gentlemen, gentlemen.....White's makes good detectors. Garrett's just makes better detectors.:angel: Oh, and by the way, I just don't understand how people say the GTI doesn't get good depth. I've always gotten great depth with mine. Deeper than I would prefer to dig sometimes:) Happy Hunting!

looks like clondike clad is trying to start a feud. go to spectra 3/vision forum and read the vision vs gti 2500 post.

bill:smoke:

John-Edmonton said:
Very inadequate statement. Have any depth? Too many variables involved to give you any credit for that. Depth isn't the #1 reason to buy a detector anyways, unless you are new to the sport, in which case it is all the rage.

Have fun with whatever machine you use. :)
sooooooo funny :rofl:

I wouldn't trade in my 1350 for it! That's how much my sizing feature means to me. I can't tell you how many soda cans I have left in the ground because of it!:garrett:I am addicted to it and the hobby!:usaa: