Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GTI 2500

lookin4fun79

Hey all, I have an opportunity to pick up a Garrett GTI 2500 with the talk feature. 2 coils and case for $300. I'm getting it Saturday. It does work. Think this is a good buy? It's only been used for about 2 hours.

That sure is a good deal, you wont be sorry as the GTI 2500 is the best detector I have used. Was using a Whites classic lll for twenty some years and found lots of items and coins. Had to do a lot of junk digging though. Bought the 2500 new about ten years ago and love it. The imaging has saved me a lot of unnecessary digging as I am seventy one and the joints don't move like they used to. Have just put a swing sling on and it takes the weight off of the 2500 and I can hunt a lot longer now. Let me know how the bigger coil works out for you as with the sling I would be able to use the 12.5 in coil. Happy hunting

Yes! An Excellent buy. :) A great machine too! Once you get then imaging feature working for you, your coin/jewelry finds will increase.

I own it's "Lil Brother" the Gti 1500 and absolutely love the Imaging features.
1rst time out with her nailed me a 40'S Merc. dime on a site previously hunted.
Just wish Garrett would come up with a new game changer detector but these
Oversea detector companies are over taking the American detector companies.
JMHO
silverseeker 2

You got a great deal and you will not be sorry! I have owned two GTI2500 units in the past and they were great machines. I got rid of my last one, because my shoulder and cervical arthritis made it a chore to swing it, even with a harness. But...I picked up a GTI1500 which is lighter and still has the sizing feature. It does not ground balance, but the soils I work in are mostly mild, so no issue there. As Bookdoctor said above, getting old makes it harder and these units will keep you from digging beer cans and oxen shoes! Great unit. You will love it!

I think the white loop is the older model for the 2000; Garrett replaced them with an updated Imaging loop that is black for the 2500.

Worth every penny ... they still sell new for around $1000 ... and a classic machine.
DID you know ...
IF Garrett can not repair one of of their old detectors ... they will offer you the full retail price as a discount toward a new Garrett detector?
What other company will do that?