Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Guess I got the first lemon

erjtej

Just got my AT Pro today. Set it up for bench test and it works fine in standard mode. But when I switch to Pro mode all I get is a blaring signal and it won't pick up a quarter over 2 inches. The target i.d. will indicate 80 to 85 at several inches but the audio signal is just a loud high pitched whine. I unhooked the coil and the headphones and reconnected the coil but the results are the same. I sure hate waiting this long to get something and then have to send it back. No telling what the waiting period for repairs are. Anyone else have this problem? I haven't used it outside and groundbalanced it, just using factory settings to air test.

Hold the power button on until you hear 2 or 3 beeps. (factory reset mode). Then reduce the sens in the pro mode and try it. I'm not sure but the pro mode may be set up hotter than the std mode? Take it outside also and see if there is any change in that tone.

Same results. Turned sensitivity all the way down, no difference in audio. Acts like a short somewhere in that mode.

Bummer ... I guess no company has zero defects but that sure dont make you feel any better ... does it.

I hope Garrett can get another machine to you quickly.

Sorry to hear that your machine is having issues .....Maybe the company you got it from has an extra that they didn't sell yet ? ......Good Luck ...Jim

chip0877 said:
Try it outdoors.
I have a Whites machine that can't even be turned on inside a house.

My Minelab Sovereign is like that. Just loud random staticky noise inside the house on any setting, works great outdoors.

n/t

There are just so many sources of interference in a modern house that it is kind of surprising when any detector works ok inside a house. Each computer, cordless phone, cell phone, TV set, satellite receiver or cable box, tivo boxes, florescent lights (including the compact ones), the motors in refrigerators and heating systems, and on and on could be causing interference.

Also try shifting the frequency that the machine is running at, you might be able to get away from the harmonic that is causing trouble.

If going outside and changing frequencies doesn't quiet the machine down then it is time to send it in for repair. Garrett has fantastic reputation for taking care of customers so don't worry about that if it is necessary.

We have one in stock as of the time I am writing this. But it will not last.

If you would like I can give it a quick test to make sure it is functioning properly.

Tried mine in doors it was a little eractic.course i have a slab home the floor has iron in it.And being close to electric outlets ?

Forget the air tests! Make your evaluations after using it in
a test garden or actual hunts.

These air tests are not always going to be accurate as interferences
come into play.

Correct?

Hi Guys! I appreciate all the advice, but it isn't interference in the house, the standard mode works fine in the house as do all my other detectors. I tried it outside today, ground balanced it and ran the sensitivity all up and down, messed with all the buttons, tried everything, same results. Works fine in standard mode, switch to pro mode and nothing but loud noise. As I said, the detector is picking up the targets, the id shows that, but the audio is nothing but an overwhelming blare. Guess it's back to Garrett if I can reach mt dealer. Another dealer contacted me and says he has one, but I need to go through my dealer and Garrett first I think. Maybe they will clear the way to find me one. Luck of the draw I guess. This being Thanksgiving day I am thankful no one else encountered this problem. Go on and get you head start boys, I'll catch up when I get it fixed! Great holiday to all! Earl Johnson.

Did you try ground balance before testing? I don`t know how air tests would work without ground balance because there is no resistance back to the coil in the air like there would be on the ground . Just a thought.

Man, sorry to hear that. Nothing worse than getting a new toy and finding it has a problem!