Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hacksaw Ridge

Draco

The film is based on the true story of US Army soldier Desmond Doss, a Seventh-day Adventist Christian who refused to bear arms on the front lines, was mocked and persecuted, and despite , was awarded the Medal of Honor by President Harry S. Truman for saving the lives of more than seventy-five men under constant enemy fire on Maeda Cliff during the brutal Battle of Okinawa in World War II .

I saw it today and it is an excellent movie. I recommend it for those who haven't seen it.

The film is based on the true story of US Army soldier Desmond Doss, a Seventh-day Adventist Christian who refused to bear arms on the front lines, was mocked and persecuted, and despite , was awarded the Medal of Honor by President Harry S. Truman for saving the lives of more than seventy-five men under constant enemy fire on Maeda Cliff during the brutal Battle of Okinawa in World War II .

I saw it today and it is an excellent movie. I recommend it for those who haven't seen it.
I saw it.

Doss eventually earned the respect of his fellow soldiers, and by doing so, he stood by his convictions and proved not wanting to take a life doesn’t make one a coward.

It was an awesome “true story” movie! He displayed incredible bravery and saved many lives.

I saw it also ,, I'm not sure if this part was true or not ,, but in the movie ,, the company was fixing to make an assault ,, an officer stomps up wondering why the company wasn't starting their attack ,,, someone said they were waiting on Doss ,,, and the company wouldn't make a move until Doss had finished his prayer .
The man did his job ,, and earned everyones respect .

Great movie. Saw it on the big screen when it came out. 👍

Mel Gibson produced it and said that it wasn't even half of the heroism that Doss performed. My wife, a Seventh Day Adventist, wanted to watch it. I knew nothing about the movie. When it became very violent, and she still watched it, I was confused as she would normally shut it off. It was only at the end that I found out it was a true story. Today "awestruck" is an overused word but I truly was. Hero isn't a big enough word for Desmond Doss.

It’s a great movie. I saw this movie about five years ago and knew it was a true story from a pre-read I had done on it. The courage and conviction of Desmond Doss are amazing. If I remember correctly, there was a short interview about him at the end of the movie.