Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Had a great friend give me a new 800 as an early retirement gift...

I have a great friend who gave me an early retirement (about 8 months early) present of an Equinox 800! I received it Friday evening and only got to put it together Saturday and took it out for a maiden voyage this afternoon for about an hour. I used Park 1 and went to a spot that is very stingy with silver and usually very deep at that. I dug 4 targets, 2 clad dimes (1969, 1972) both showing 6 inches deep which was accurate, a flatten brown aluminum screw cap at 10 inches and my last target-a 1941S Merc at only 6 inches. I think I going to like this machine once I learn how to use it. It is more like my Deus than my 3030 but looks like it will find a respectable stall in my stable of detectors. At least in the initial assessment of it.

Joe --

OUTSTANDING friend you have there, and what an "introduction" to the machine you had! Nothing like a silver coin from a tough site, on the first hunt with a new machine, to build your confidence in the unit's ability to produce for you!

Congrats!!!

Steve

That is so cool, congratulations on having such a good friend and your up coming retirement!

That friend wouldn’t live in your house,would they Joe?:) Keep us posted how the machine and retirement work out! Congrats on hanging it up soon, after what I’m sure has been a lifetime of hard work. Some never get to know the freedom that retirement can likely bring...but I’m much too young to know for sure.

Nice gift, have fun !!!!

IDXMonster said:
That friend wouldn’t live in your house,would they Joe?:) Keep us posted how the machine and retirement work out! Congrats on hanging it up soon, after what I’m sure has been a lifetime of hard work. Some never get to know the freedom that retirement can likely bring...but I’m much too young to know for sure.

Nope, it was my ole detecting buddy for the past 10+ years.
I celebrated my 42nd work anniversary on Thursday and started my 43rd year on Friday and got the new NOX after work. Got about 8 1/2 months to go before the beaches become my permanent playground. :clapping::clapping::clapping:

:thumbup:

What a fantastic gift. Best of luck with it in the upcoming months and years.

Rich-

PryorCreekJoe said:

Nope, it was my ole detecting buddy for the past 10+ years.
I celebrated my 42nd work anniversary on Thursday and started my 43rd year on Friday and got the new NOX after work. Got about 8 1/2 months to go before the beaches become my permanent playground. :clapping::clapping::clapping:

That’s a helluva dude right there! Shoot,ID hang out with him just because!:)

Great friend is an understatement.