Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Had my hands on an Equinox This weekend

azdigger

Went to and Outing in Morristown AZ, there was a Minelab rep there and she did a demo on the Equinox....Let me say, I had made up my mine that I did not need one....change of plans.
I saw it detect a wheatie placed on the door hinge of a Jeep , I saw it detect coins under a big iron bolt . I can not remember all the Great things that this machine did , but I just know I WANT ONE.....Guess it was cool due to the fact that there are only 13 working prototypes out right now and Debbie for Minelab Demoed this one for us at the outing, She also addressed the Gold Monster too.

So where is the video? Everybody got a cell phone.

No video , did carry the cell most of the weekend, did not want to be bothered. :crazy:

Penny on Jeep door hinge?

So, Detector waves over the door hinge - silence (or some kind of clearly ferrous signal) - then penny placed on door hinge and without changing any settings- clear non ferrous signal?

Hard to believe, but many things that are true are also hard to believe.

A video would be nice.

lytle78 said:
Penny on Jeep door hinge?

So, Detector waves over the door hinge - silence (or some kind of clearly ferrous signal) - then penny placed on door hinge and without changing any settings- clear non ferrous signal?

Hard to believe, but many things that are true are also hard to believe.

A video would be nice.

Rick you wanna hear something crazy? I was detecting the farm across from my work with the Explorer2 and Sunray X-8. This was 3 years ago,but I remember it like it was 10 seconds ago,it blew my mind! I got a good repeating signal 3-28/29. I was careful to size it like I always do. I bent over and dug with my hand through a bed of leaves to retrieve what indeed was a wheat. I looked again. Then again. It was sitting on some dirt from decomposed leaves that were filling up an old upside down hubcap! THAT was the day that I decided that I would be running Minelabs from then on. Would this have happened with another machine? I haven’t tested it. But it was amazing to me at the time.
Now the wheat sitting on the hubcap itself....or a hinge....dunno. We don’t want parlor tricks,we want scientific repeatable results that work in the field. My CTX and EX2 give me results,and results-o-plenty!

Not sure what the settings was , but when it was run over the door it blanked then read the penny....everyone just looked and went....WOW.

If you had your hands on an Equinox---tell us about the balance/ergonomics of the detector with that 11" stock coil.-----How did it feel in the hand (balance, swing, etc.)??------We like details!:)quote=azdigger]
Went to and Outing in Morristown AZ, there was a Minelab rep there and she did a demo on the Equinox....Let me say, I had made up my mine that I did not need one....change of plans.
I saw it detect a wheatie placed on the door hinge of a Jeep , I saw it detect coins under a big iron bolt . I can not remember all the Great things that this machine did , but I just know I WANT ONE.....Guess it was cool due to the fact that there are only 13 working prototypes out right now and Debbie for Minelab Demoed this one for us at the outing, She also addressed the Gold Monster too.[/quote]

Great detector no doubt, but having to buy a POS Jeep to make it work right is unacceptable...lol

All I can say is , it felt good , was a comfy machine to swing......to me it was great feeling but to each there own...my opinion....
I WANT ONE NOW.

She or someone seriously needs to get that to a salt water beach...... they seem to be dragging it out here. Dirt...... now gold...... lot of people wanting to see what this does on a beach IN the salt water.

My POS jeep is about the only vehicle you can work on now days. Also..... throw away the part and easily find replacements. Oh...... and duck tap give it class.

dewcon4414 said:
She or someone seriously needs to get that to a salt water beach...... they seem to be dragging it out here. Dirt...... now gold...... lot of people wanting to see what this does on a beach IN the salt water.

My POS jeep is about the only vehicle you can work on now days. Also..... throw away the part and easily find replacements. Oh...... and duck tap give it class.

Duck tape gives anything class...:lol:

Did anyone try that with a different detector?

Not that I know of, most all had gold machines.
Another thing that was shown was how it was effective at finding small gold chains.

Just wait until they are released.......... i suspect PINOCCHIO will show up with some real fish stories lol.

Dew

Ouch, Rick! I love my POS Jeep!
I didn't make it to the outing this past weekend but know a number of guys who did. Will have to ask them as well about their impressions of the Nox. Thanks, azdigger!

Dean

Dean , the Jeep they used was Kevin's. You should have seen Bill going nuts over this machine.

I just saw where a guy over in the deus forum tried it and another tried the ctx both would do it with no problem. I'm looking forward to the equinox so don't take what I'm saying wrong. I saw the piece of big iron and coin test when it was first announced and thought that was the greatest thing ever, BUT then I saw a Russian saying it was just a parlor trick hes one of the guys over from the AKA forum and he showed a aka machine doing the same thing. I would like to see some real world test as all of us would.