Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Had to do it

Well guys, because of the capabilites and a excellent deal from our good friend Bart at Big Boys Hobbies, I had to get the CTX 3030. The Etrac put up a good fight and got me 21 silvers and a lot of other great finds this year, but me and my buddy who also upgraded to the CTX just made some finds that made me disappointed in the Etrac. Somehow it missed a `44 washington at 4 inches, laying flat. I also picked up a bunch of clad and some wheats it missed. My friend managed to pick up a seated dime from one small park that the etrac also missed. I do swing slow and use TTF but the stuff I missed is just crazy. If anyone is thinking of upgrading....don't even hesitate. Bart definitely has the best deal anywhere. Thank you all for giving me advice and I hope you all keep on enjoying this great hobby of ours.

Stever0812, I'm happy for you and have talked myself out of the "upgrade" on more than one occasion. It is good that you have the comfort level with the 3030 that you have already,very important to have that. However you know that there is no way that the E-Trac "Missed" those coins there is not a detector on the market that would Miss a flat Washington at four inch's. I would coincide that the coil may not have passed over it as we have all hunted places a second or third time and found coins that you could not believe you had missed before. Not a slam at you as a person or your choice in going with the 3030 just wanted to say that in defence of the E-Trac. Have the same comfort in mine that I hope you continue to have in your Great new machine,good luck and many more great finds for you in the future HH Dave

I understand where you are coming from. I think that it may have been masked badly by some trash or something. My friend said the signal was not so great. I do see a big difference in speed/recovery though. Its just I don't have confidence that the etrac cleared out some sites I really took my time on.

the etrac has found you 21 silver and you are giving up on it??? This is my 4th season with my etrac and it gets better the more I use it, over 500 silvers with mine. I have used a CTX, and my buddy has one........I decided it wasn't for me

the speed is just crazy and the ability to see 2 targets in the hole at the same time is great. the balance is really good, I can swing all day and not get any fatigue. i am keeping the trac as backup and for my kid when he gets older. i just see too many benefits from it to not upgrade. i am not badmouthing the trac at all! i know everyone has gotten the goods, but i think I can hunt out sites to my satisfaction in less time with a ctx.

Good luck with your new CTX. I had an opportunity to trade one of my E-Tracs (plus some cash) for a new CTX 3030 and passed. I played with the CTX and am just too comfortable with my E-Trac after 5 years.

One thing I noticed about the ctx is that it felt a lot heavier than the etrac to me, I felt a lot of forearm fatigue in just a lil over an hour of swinging, and with the etrac I can hunt all day with no arm pain at all.

That was a HUGE negative for me, as I have carpal tunnel and tendonitis in both arms, I had my right arm fixed but still have pain in it. No way I could ever swing a ctx all day. I dont see any reason at all to switch from the etrac, it has treated me right for over 3 yrs, and dont feel I would find anymore with the ctx over the etrac!

I am fortunate in my health for the moment, sorry to hear that you have pain while trying to enjoy the hobby. I can understand you both have alot of comfort in the Etrac (your years compared to my months) but I just see more future "staying power" with upgradability and performance in trash/heavy iron. I plan on keeping the Etrac too cause I agree it still is an awesome machine. Thanks for the feedback/well wishes!