Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Had to modify Pro-Find Holster

After using the Pro-Find for the first day, my shirt had a dirt stain from the protruding tip rubbing against me when I bent down, Minelab should off had more input before they put this design out.
Anyway, So I velcrowed a piece of baseboard molding so that it would extend past the tip. Also put a zipper attachment(golf ball carrier) on the top so it would not accidently come out when I am taking my belt on or off.

So far so good, I had a X-1 probe on my E-trac, & that's in a class all by itself. It did a fine job of locating a V nickle I found yesterday that was away from where I dug a plug. It performed just like the videos that are out their,but the shortfall I see is the vibration. It needs to be a bit stronger, especially because alot of people wear gloves when detecting. I had my earphones on so I didn't have the sound turned up, barely felt the vibration, going to rely on sound rather than vibrate to locate my future finds. It would of been nice to have an adjustable vibration button on here, or at least set the vibration to a higher level.

Thanks for the feedback..

Nice mod Don SJ.

I had mine out for the first time today. So far so good.
I was an x-1 user before and traded it with the ET.
The minelab probe has a nice feel to it, lightweight and well balanced. It performed well

I agree that the vibration could be a bit more intense.
As far as improvements go i. Wouldn't mind having a on-off switch with a hold-down mode that shuts off when you let off it, the same way the switch works on the Pistol Probe. This would be handy when digging many targets as when there's lots of clad spread out.

I haven't noticed if the light can be shut off, as that would be a plus and may extend battery life when day hunting.

The belt loop on the back of the holster is a bit narrow but works fine. Its a nice light holster and my only improvement would be a setup as on the Lesche digger where you can velcro it around your belt without taking your belt off.

Mind you these are very minor points off the top of my head and I won't be giving this baby up anytime soon! I'm very pleased with the performance and the adjustable sensitivity of this baby.
I found myself making adjustments as needed throughout the day which was really handy. No need to just crank it up. I would increase it if I couldn't locate the target on the first pass.

Overall a very nice tool. Lacks the raw depth of my Pistol Probe but its small size it an advantage.
I also did not notice any interference in the headphones with the CTX as experienced occasionally with the PP.

was thinking about getting one and comparing it to my Pro-Pointer. I agree about the headphones and gloves. you need to feel it with headphones on.