Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Half an Inch More Depth.

Doctorcoinz

I think if the Equinox could give us just half an inch extra depth it would be surprising just how many more coins will come out of those "worked out sites".
I also think if this detector is faster than a ctx then more coins will come out of "worked out sites" I am sure it will be faster than a ctx but as to the depth i would be surprised if it went
any deeper. I have read else where the absolute limits of depth have been reached with VLF detectors.

Faster recovery isnt always a good thing.......it can cause a clipped tone and missed targets. Sweep speed matters just as much with a fast recovery machine. It does help for pattern hunting thou. Ive noticed as a beach hunter in the water earring studs with copper and iron you can get both responses from the CTX. But, i also noticed shorter tones than the Xcal so you have to pay attention to coil halo targets. Its kind of like owning BOSEs speaker over another high quality speaker.......1/2" for me in the water may not be noticed. Its a little more difficult in the water its very hard to gauge depth...... because sometimes the targets are only shallow leading you to believe you arent getting depth out there. Now sensitivity to targets...... that may well be noticed. I think we may see more targets come from those trashy area not many like to hunt.

Dew

Good post Dew. I remember when the SE pro came out as the next generation after the exp. II . And one of the touted advances was "faster". And you're right: The "faster" didn't help. It made it harder to get the "hit" on the first pass over the target. The tones that exp. guys loved, was harder to get on deeper targets. Deep whispers sounded like iron at first, until you repeatedly swept to try to "bring it in".

Extra depth would be great, yes, but at some sites, all you need is better target separation and ability to see through iron.

saltwater jim said:
So true Ctx can have clipped tones thats why i love smooth tone setting in the water just takes a bit to get used too

It takes a BIT to get used to Jim? Smooth sounds like I took an acid trip into the movie Tron! :lol: Well,maybe not exactly but it's pretty freaky! I like it though,just that rolling audio is pretty cool!

I also Agree Tyber0z target seperation is key!

And let us not forget: "separation" and "see through" (aka averaging) are 2 different abilities. What I mean is, speed of separation is great to eliminate masking if the 2 targets are very close together. But if the conductive target is RIGHT UNDER a nail, then no-amount of separation speed fixes that. In those cases, some machines will average the 2 targets to still give you a hint at what's beneath. Rather than reading only the top target. Like old fashioned wimpy depth 2-filter Tesoros, and the Compass 77b.

It's always a tall order for any machine to get both depth PLUS see-through & around ability. Typically the machines which are renowned for depth and great TID, will lack in the see-through/around dept. And machines which are renowned for see-through/around dept. will lack in depth/TID.

We shall see what this new machine does.

Doctorcoinz said:
I think if the Equinox could give us just half an inch extra depth it would be surprising just how many more coins will come out of those "worked out sites".
I also think if this detector is faster than a ctx then more coins will come out of "worked out sites" I am sure it will be faster than a ctx but as to the depth i would be surprised if it went
any deeper. I have read else where the absolute limits of depth have been reached with VLF detectors.

We're lucky that this detector also has a simultaneous multi-frequency option.

Of course we'd all take an extra 1/2", but there's so many other factors and variables to consider.

http://cdn1.thehookmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/size-300x200.jpg

Until Minelab releases more details, all of this is purely conjecture.

Fast recovery is important, but there's more to it then that. Do we know if the Equinox receive circuit is taking samples/snapshots of the ground (hence the CTX clipping) like 95% of all machines out there, or is it actually reporting in realtime, like some of the Nokta/Makro machines are doing? Hopefully the later, as you get more audio and TID intelligence from an open gate/real-time system.

One feature that's set Minelabs apart from other machines is it's Noise Cancel feature, the ability to sample each possible channel for EMI, and select the least affected channels. That in itself is a huge benefit, many never know how handicapped their detector is from silent EMI.

Want to learn more about the Nox, start reading up on the Xterra, it's obvious the base DNA of the Nox is based on the Xterra, with added gold prospecting frequencies and simultaneous multi-frequency "Multi-IQ" as a bonus!

Now we need to understand what exactly Multi-IQ is? Is it BBS/FBS/FBS2 repackaged, or updated, or is it something entirely new? Likely we'll learn that it's a bit of both.

Cal_Cobra said:
Want to learn more about the Nox, start reading up on the Xterra, it's obvious the base DNA of the Nox is based on the Xterra, with added gold prospecting frequencies and simultaneous multi-frequency "Multi-IQ" as a bonus!

Now we need to understand what exactly Multi-IQ is? Is it BBS/FBS/FBS2 repackaged, or updated, or is it something entirely new? Likely we'll learn that it's a bit of both.

Even IF the EQ is based off the Xterra, it probably wont help at all to know anything it. The E-Trac wasn't an update to the Explorer it followed, it was based off the Quattro detector, which was a pretty lack-luster detector by most accounts. They took the base technology from that and were able to update it into the FBS series.

Jason in Enid said:
Even IF the EQ is based off the Xterra, it probably wont help at all to know anything it. The E-Trac wasn't an update to the Explorer it followed, it was based off the Quattro detector, which was a pretty lack-luster detector by most accounts. They took the base technology from that and were able to update it into the FBS series.

Jason,

I didn't know they put some of the Quattro tech into the E-Trac (along with FBS tech). To me, the E-Trac has a WHOLE LOT of the feel of an Explorer; if you can hunt one, you can hunt the other pretty seamlessly in my opinion. So I just assumed it was BASED off of the Explorer, due to that very similar "feel." I never used a Quattro, though, so maybe I would have felt the same way had I been a Quattro user who moved to an E-Trac, who knows.

Steve

sgoss66 said:
Jason in Enid said:

Jason,

I didn't know they put some of the Quattro tech into the E-Trac (along with FBS tech). To me, the E-Trac has a WHOLE LOT of the feel of an Explorer; if you can hunt one, you can hunt the other pretty seamlessly in my opinion. So I just assumed it was BASED off of the Explorer, due to that very similar "feel." I never used a Quattro, though, so maybe I would have felt the same way had I been a Quattro user who moved to an E-Trac, who knows.

Steve

Yeah, because the user interface is basically the same, every thought its just an Explorer update. One of the design engineers later revealed that it was really based on the Quattro.

Jason in Enid said:
Yeah, because the user interface is basically the same, every thought its just an Explorer update. One of the design engineers later revealed that it was really based on the Quattro.

Hey Jason,

If you have a link to some old forum posts on this Etrac heritage stuff and can remember where it might be found, I'd love to read up on it.

Thanks,

Rich -

Rich (Utah) said:
Jason in Enid said:

Hey Jason,

If you have a link to some old forum posts on this Etrac heritage stuff and can remember where it might be found, I'd love to read up on it.

Thanks,

Rich -

Its been too long, heck we've already been into the CTX for 5+ years. I havent paid any real time to the E-Trac forums since then. Plus, new computers and phones.... all those old links are long gone.