Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Half dime

denny

Found my first seated half dime 1854p. 7 inches deep, 11-39 mostly with a occasional 12-41, one way jumpy signal. Almost didn't dig it up!

Nice!!

I would have thought penny with those numbers!!

Congrats!!

Awesome find! Way to stick with those deep one ways!

Think I like those deep, iffy signals better than the "sure things".... heightened excitement is better than pretty much knowing what I'm digging.

Wow, 7 inches for a small one like that is pretty good. What was your sensitivity running at? Any trash close to the target?

That's a grrrrreat find Denny! I dug a half dime last year and the numbers were lower - like 12-31 - glad I dug mine as well!

Dug a '46 Rosie today in trashy gravel at 7", and it was showing 12-39 consistently using Ferrous-Coin and Auto +3.

I'm going to have to start paying more attention to the iffy signals also. Nice find!

ironman200081 said:
Wow, 7 inches for a small one like that is pretty good. What was your sensitivity running at? Any trash close to the target?
I was running sens at 24. I didn't find any iron or trash in the hole when I dug the target but there's some iron scattered around this area.
The ctx really gets the small stuff!

HH

denny said:
Found my first seated half dime 1854p. 7 inches deep, 11-39 mostly with a occasional 12-41, one way jumpy signal. Almost didn't dig it up!

Thanks guys!

Here's a pic of the 5 other silvers I found on Sunday including the half dime. Barber quarter 1902s, barber dime 1900, 1905, 1909s, 1917 merc. A couple of these coins gave a good signal but most were deep and jumpy just like the half dime.

nolanation said:
That hole didn't help the signal im sure.

I don't think the hole in the coin made any difference. I air tested the coin at 7-8 inches came in pretty good!

HH