Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hallelujah v1.1 is alive

DigDog

Its a miracle. V1.1 updated quickly and smoothly.
As suspected was issues with the computer and browser. Once computer was straightened out everything went smoothly. The thing is shouldn’t have to reconfigure your computer for a newer update when previous updates and computer configurations we’re working just fine. Not everyone is computer savvy should at least work without having to install different browsers. PC needed to install a new browser most run native “Edge” and especially Mac which all run native “Safari” also doesn’t work and needs a different browser installed.
Once you have to start reconfiguring your computer, settings get changed and then it becomes working by trial and error or by chance.
I guess they figured if you can operate the metal detector you can also set up your computer the right way. The only ones with no issues from what I gather were those already using a PC with Windows and Google chrome.

While I had no problems this time around, I keep wondering why XP departed from the traditional update you download and then install from your PC???? Dumb. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

They don’t seem to make things on the easy side. The set ups can get confusing.
For example to power on/ off the headsets
The WS6 - (on) - + (off)
The WSAII - (on) + - (off)
Wouldn’t you just make them the same lol ?
Maybe a good reason I’m not seeing.

Its a miracle. V1.1 updated quickly and smoothly.
As suspected was issues with the computer and browser. Once computer was straightened out everything went smoothly. The thing is shouldn’t have to reconfigure your computer for a newer update when previous updates and computer configurations we’re working just fine. Not everyone is computer savvy should at least work without having to install different browsers. PC needed to install a new browser most run native “Edge” and especially Mac which all run native “Safari” also doesn’t work and needs a different browser installed.
Once you have to start reconfiguring your computer, settings get changed and then it becomes working by trial and error or by chance.
I guess they figured if you can operate the metal detector you can also set up your computer the right way. The only ones with no issues from what I gather were those already using a PC with Windows and Google chrome.
A lot of detector users don't know how to update metal detectors , some are just plain scared to do it. Things can go wrong trying to update , even so called easy updates can go wrong for the downloader.
i hope the updating thing will stop now at version 1.1. How ever i have a gut feeling a version V1.2 is probably going to come , even before this year has finished.

A lot of detector users don't know how to update metal detectors , some are just plain scared to do it. Things can go wrong trying to update , even so called easy updates can go wrong for the downloader.
i hope the updating thing will stop now at version 1.1. How ever i have a gut feeling a version V1.2 is probably going to come , even before this year has finished.
Someone will want something changed for sure. Use whatever works for you and you are happy with

Got my XP ordered this morning and it'll arrive on Thursday; excellent service. I don't know if it will have 1.1 installed or not but I suspect not. Got a really good deal from BigBoy and I am excited for it's arrival.

They don’t seem to make things on the easy side. The set ups can get confusing.
For example to power on/ off the headsets
The WS6 - (on) - + (off)
The WSAII - (on) + - (off)
Wouldn’t you just make them the same lol ?
Maybe a good reason I’m not seeing.
One button on and off would make sense?
Mark

You just need someone to lean on who is comfortable with the tech for help. I totally bricked my Deus 2 remote on a failed update to 1.1. Just a day or 2 before I had no issues going to 1.0 on the same MacBook and chrome browser. Back further: Previously the week before I went from .6 to .71 on a borrowed PC laptop. Now going to 1.1 Bricked it - paper weight, stayed on the screen saying update with arrow <—- Deus would not power off and was draining the batter unless I kept it plugged in. At that point I put on the brakes and the NEXT Day went to friends new Dell PC. Then the update worked on my bricked D2 and my WS6 - WSA2 XL. All way good AND easy.
Key was not trying to doing the other pieces after the D2 froze up. I knew it was a problem on my end of the config. I’m a retired computer tech and I’m not fond of all this but it works, rolls out for all users at once from all over the globe to do in their own home or in my case a friends. Don’t be worried. What’s nice is you can keep trying until you get it right. Maybe if there is a dealer you can visit they might help ya.

Attachments

• IMG_6427.jpeg
    IMG_6427.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 55
I use my work computer with windows 7 works perfectly every time did the headphones I forgot my remote cord I’ll update that tomorrow
Mark