Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hammered Park Gives Up 1835 Large Cent

Found my first pre 1900 coin today in a park that was supposedly hammered. The moment was surreal. I had just turned my detector on and on my first sweep the ctx registered a solid two way 12-45 signal. When it was coming out of the hole I was thinking clad half. To my surprise it was an 1835 large cent. I have not attempted to clean it and would be grateful for cleaning advice. I will post new picks when the coin is cleaned properly.
Thanks

That is an awesome find! My only park found large cent had been shot and was extremely warped. The rest have all came from fields and are very cooroded. She looks to be in great condition too.

Doesn't look to be too corroded, nor does it seem to be a key date, so I would use hot peroxide or an ultrasonic cleaner. Nice find.

Fantastic find! Congrats. I agree that it looks to be in good shape. I would carefully use a q-tip soaked in olive oil to clean the crevices. Maybe a toothpick on the tough areas.
HH
Chuck

I tried the peroxide method and it seems to have worked . There appears to be some minor pitting in the surface. May try the olive oil method next time as was also suggested. Here are the after photos. Thanks

I Found my First LC ( 1810 and almost my oldest ever found since) in a Local Park also

I dig on my knees, better for my back, and I remember holding both my hands up and looking up and waiting for Music LOL

Major Congrats:clapping:

You have to love the results you can get from hydrogen peroxide...I wonder if a couple minutes in one could do the same for my body?

Great looking LC, the peroxide did a great job. I have one that I've been cleaning for ten days, pretty cruddy when i found it.

HH Quack