Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Handle cover?

ynnek4

Hi,

I was curious if anyone uses some sort of cover for their CTX handle? I was looking for something available in the US, washable, and uses maybe Velcro. As you probably know the handle takes a beating so I am trying to minimize that.

Thanks for any info!

I use the wrap that is used on tennis rackets. You can get it at any sporting goods store. I change it once a year maybe.

That is a great idea. I will look into that. Thanks!

Jim Robertson said:
I use the wrap that is used on tennis rackets. You can get it at any sporting goods store. I change it once a year maybe.

Also look for wraps that covers handles on fishing poles.

chappy(IN) said:
Also look for wraps that covers handles on fishing poles.

Great idea. Will look into that as well. Thanks for the reply.

pinpointpetey said:
I use Vet Wrap. You can get it from places that carry supplies for farm animals. Comes in different colors.

Awesome. Looks like Amazon carries it as well: https://www.amazon.com/Wrap-Adherent-Adhering-Stick-Bandage/dp/B00MKAHMF4/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1523966273&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=vet+wrap&psc=1

sgoss66 said:
Seconded, on the Vet Wrap. It works GREAT. Cheap, can be changed as often as you like, it "sticks" well, but leaves NO residue, etc.

Steve

Thanks for the tip! Leaving no residue if high on my list.

I am probably too "Type A" for metal detecting.

Thanks for the link! I will check it out.

ironman200081 said:
I use gun wrap on mine, but vet wrap looks good too. Currently, I have a jolly roger gun wrap on the handle. There's lots of colors and designs out there to fit any personality. https://www.amazon.com/McNett-Tactical-Camo-Protective-Camouflage/dp/B00P8XJ8ZW/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_263_bs_lp_img_1?_encoding=UTF8&refRID=WXAXE08W1MJ1KAP3RZX6&th=1

ynek -- naaah, I don't think you can be too "type A" for detecting! I'm the same way; all it means is that we might drive people nuts along the way, on occasion! I drive people nuts all the time with my style, but it's the way I've always been. You'll be driven to be as good as you can be as a detectorist -- so your personality should serve you well in terms of learning/improving!

It's all good -- this hobby is "moldable" to WHATEVER your personality type! ;)

Steve

ironman200081 said:
I use gun wrap on mine, but vet wrap looks good too. Currently, I have a jolly roger gun wrap on the handle. There's lots of colors and designs out there to fit any personality. https://www.amazon.com/McNett-Tactical-Camo-Protective-Camouflage/dp/B00P8XJ8ZW/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_263_bs_lp_img_1?_encoding=UTF8&refRID=WXAXE08W1MJ1KAP3RZX6&th=1

It makes sense you used a gun wrap. After all, it is a 3030 and you do a lot of coinshooting.

I have been using it for the 20 years. I now have it on my GPX 4800 and my two CTX 3030's also Vista Gold and Whites 5900. It holds good and leaves no marks nothing behind. When I was younger much younger I stung tennis rackets in a tennis pro shop. That is where I came across the tennis tape grip. Changed them all the time. You know how much a tennis player sweats. Hope this helps. Jim

halfstep said:

It makes sense you used a gun wrap. After all, it is a 3030 and you do a lot of coinshooting.

It is my high-capacity tactical assault coin and relic finder. Chainsaw bayonet optional.

Jim Robertson said:
I have been using it for the 20 years. I now have it on my GPX 4800 and my two CTX 3030's also Vista Gold and Whites 5900. It holds good and leaves no marks nothing behind. When I was younger much younger I stung tennis rackets in a tennis pro shop. That is where I came across the tennis tape grip. Changed them all the time. You know how much a tennis player sweats. Hope this helps. Jim

Two CTXs Wow, Can I ask a stupid question ? Why do you have 2?

jerseyjim said:

Two CTXs Wow, Can I ask a stupid question ? Why do you have 2?

Because he has two hands. LOL