Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hard case for CTX

Since I got the CTX, I wanted a good case for it. The soft case that I got for it was to tight around the control box and I was afraid that it would do more to damage than protect the unit so I put that for sale. Minelab just released a soft bag designed for CTX but, soft case is not for me. When I pack for camping or hunting trips, I don't want to worry about detector being damaged by other gear. When I go detecting locally, I don't need a bag at all.
I looked at various hard cases for golf and rifles and such and finally, borrowing the idea from a post on a British forum, I settled on a bow case. Yesterday, after attending Minelab Day at RadioWorld, I took my CTX to BassPro and tried several different cases. Some were too expensive, some were to cheaply made and offering little more protection than a soft case. I settled on Plano 108119 All Weather bow case. It is heavy but looks to be well made and solid enough to throw around or walk on it. It has enough room for CTX and all it's standard accessories (headphones, charger, wireless etc.) and for extra coil.
I will be adding foam to the top cover but other than that, it looks perfect to me.

Great idea Andrew

Pro-tector neoprene cover on it in picture with the 11" coil in place.

Bought an extra foam pad from Plano for the lid. Provides plenty of soft clamping, everything is held well with the foam and velcro straps.

parkgt said:
Pro-tector neoprene cover on it in picture with the 11" coil in place.

Bought an extra foam pad from Plano for the lid. Provides plenty of soft clamping, everything is held well with the foam and velcro straps.

I have looked on Plano's site for the extra foam pad, Where dd you find it?

Thanks

I just called customer service with the model number of the case. I think it was $12.00 plus postage. I thought it beat trying to rig something else up.

Thanks I will call them Tomorrow. Plano is an excellent company to deal with. I bought a tackle box from them in the early 70's . It had sentimental value and about 1995 the latch broke. I called them and they sent out a new latch no charge. I was surprised they even had it.