Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

hard plastic control box cover for ctx3030

mrmetaldetector

Hi guys..
I am looking for a hard plastic, transparent if possible (plexiglass?) control box cover for the ctx3030..
some may ask why so here it goes.. I have had my screen scratched or damaged due to it being hit by other objects in transit..
I know, a knuckle head issue.. But I have had this machine for a while and its the only detector I have had, that the screen gets damaged so easily.

Does anyone know of a hard plastic cover (not a slip cover) something I could pop on and off that would protect it during transport.

I have seen a lot of people with 3d printers.. has anyone measured the control box housing and tried to print one?

Does anyone have an existing solution to a solid cover?

Please let me know..

Jessie Thompson
Nor'Easters Metal Detecting Club
Stamford, CT

Minelab CTX3030
Whites MX Sport

6 Posts in 8 years Come on Jessie. And no I don't know about a hard screen cover buddy.

I believe it was CT Todd that posted a picture of a case for the CTX fashioned from a bow case. Maybe that would be your answer as it sounds like things are gettin mighty rough during transport. Just a thought and a dang nice case!!!

I agree bow case would serve your purpose since you said transport. Check your fishing stores......... all you might need is a plastic case. Cut a hole for the handle allowing it to snap shut.

Dew

Here is the case from Plano. It was less than 120 from Walmart. I has been through over a dozen separate trips with no damage to equipment even though one end was punctured during transit. The case itself weighs over 20 pounds.

You said that you are

"looking for a hard plastic, transparent if possible (plexiglass?) control box cover for the ctx3030.

Good idea. The slip on ones are ok , but a solid box version would help out with protecting the control box a lot better.

Maybe need to make one.

david di

All I have to offer is this.... the damage and condition of the machine, depends on how you take care of it. Im not overly protective of my machine, but I havent hadvany damage, other than the red CTX label. That just wiped away, like it had solvent, bit disnt.
These machines are not inexpensive, take just a little care guys. And if yiu need something for a scratch, the soft cases would cover most incidental touchs. If more than that is needed, you better buy a 1940s land mine detector.
IMO

Take a look at Lexan plastic. you can do a lot with it and a heat gun and a little velcro.

Dew

LOL CTTodd. I prefer to read and keep my mouth shut as most forums can get well.. Ya know

Yes, I know about the bow case guys and I could get one at the local Bass Pro shop. The issue is I hate putting it in and out of cases (yup crying like a baby) lol.
A hard plastic cover that I could pop on and off, would make a world of difference. I was thinking of getting a 3-d printer and creating one myself. I posted in case someone might have already designed and would have saved me the effort. Let me know if you guys know of anyone who could do this.

Yes sir you can email it to mrmetaldetector@aol.com for now.
I really have to add some post. I'm kinda like the joke of the kid that had not spoken for years.When the mother asks him why his first words were a complaint, he responded well up to now everything was ok ;)