Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Harp shaped find?

Angel dropped it.

Going to need a little better description....
and a few pictures would be nice too....

Yep, the pictures may help.
As for description...its metal, its old, Ill have to rescan it again to get TID numbers for you.
I feel like I have seen something like it before just can't think of where.
Interesting lower end shown from profile so you can see hole in it.
the threaded looking part is not really threaded or its worn.

I very much like the bird cage finial or hanger idea but while looking at antique metal bird cages I stumbled onto this bell...the harp shape strikes me as very similar to this bell handle and suggests a simple explanation for the hole.

perhaps the lower worn part was threaded once and fastened through a bell with a nut and the striker was attached at the hole?

What do you think?

I say that's spot on. Good work, My mom used to ring 'the bell' for use as kids when it was time for supper. 'memories'.. lol