Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Has anyone done a VDI chart after the upgrade?

Grunter

My clad pennies are reading 23-25,my quarters 29-30 and the only coin that seems stable are nickels at 13-14. also I'm picking up clad at much shallower depths than before. Is this common with other users?

?? huh ?? youre picking up clad shallower? That doesnt compute. I have no number changes after updating.

Grunter said:
My clad pennies are reading 23-25,my quarters 29-30 and the only coin that seems stable are nickels at 13-14. also I'm picking up clad at much shallower depths than before. Is this common with other users?

I can't tell how the older software worked since I updated my E800 right after purchase. On Park 1 and 2, and Field 1 and 2 as well, a nickel is a solid tone and ID 13. If it goes to 14, at least as far as I can tell, is not a nickel. Clad pennies are mostly 24 with a high tone. Quarters, depending on crust buildup or condition would be 29-30. I am digging nickels, quarters, dimes, and pennies shallow and very deep. In fact, some of the pennies I am digging (faint signals) are quite deep and full of corrosion, and so the other coins mentioned.

Shallow targets tend to be more difficult to pinpoint unless you lift the coil to stretch the distance from the target. I have gotten a few surprises already about the depth this detector is capable of, so I am happy :)

I forgot to mention something about an ID of 13 for nickel: Some Equinox users have said that an extremely deep nickel may give a faint signal and an ID of 12. But so far, even with nickels I have dug that are deep, the ID has been 13.

Grunter ,

Somewhere in this forum someone posted a suggestion for those who are planning to update their Equinox with the new software. I would consider some of the suggestions if you have any doubts about the update.

Here you go:
https://www.findmall.com/read.php?107,2465520

Thanks for the replys, I think the issues are my ideas of whats going on with my detector and not the upgrade. I'm going to do the complete FR and try again.

RayinAlaska said:
I forgot to mention something about an ID of 13 for nickel: Some Equinox users have said that an extremely deep nickel may give a faint signal and an ID of 12. But so far, even with nickels I have dug that are deep, the ID has been 13.

Grunter ,

Somewhere in this forum someone posted a suggestion for those who are planning to update their Equinox with the new software. I would consider some of the suggestions if you have any doubts about the update.

Here you go:
https://www.findmall.com/read.php?107,2465520

This is exactly what I’m getting on nickels ,pennies and quarters.......13....24...29/30

My 800 is updated and the #s I see are zinc penny 19-21, copper penny 23-24, dime 25, qtr-29-30. Just a side note is I turned the volume down on iron and hunt in all metal so if it falses I know it’s iron and move on.

Grunter,

I have a target ID window of 12-13 for nickels both before and after the software change. I find that V Nickels, Buffalo Nickels and Jefferson Nickels all fall into this range, shallow or deep. Silver War Nickels read higher. Folded beaver tails also fall into this range, exactly. On my 800 if it is bouncing below 12 or above 13, I can pretty well say it isn't a US nickel. I dig a lot of these targets anyway hoping to turn up jewelry or trade tokens.

The 800 makes finding clad, whether shallow or deep, very easy if that's what you want to do.

Rich

Rich (Utah) said:
Grunter,

I have a target ID window of 12-13 for nickels both before and after the software change. I find that V Nickels, Buffalo Nickels and Jefferson Nickels all fall into this range, shallow or deep. Silver War Nickels read higher. Folded beaver tails also fall into this range, exactly. On my 800 if it is bouncing below 12 or above 13, I can pretty well say it isn't a US nickel. I dig a lot of these targets anyway hoping to turn up jewelry or trade tokens.

The 800 makes finding clad, whether shallow or deep, very easy if that's what you want to do.

Rich
exactly

Rich (Utah)
Grunter,

Rich

Yup!

Pied........ i get those number using the old program too. Did you have a lot of time on the old program? I had a lot of hours on it..... so i prefer it for various reasons water hunting. Are you certain it down loadd properly? I read somewhere....... that just because it down loaded doesnt mean it did it properly. However, ive done it several times back and forth and mine reacted the same.

Interesting about the nickels. On my 600, a nickel is 12-13 nearly always. If I don't see both numbers, chances are it's a beavertail. V nickels, buffs, and Jeffersons are all the same, deep or shallow.

dewcon4414 said:
Pied........ i get those number using the old program too. Did you have a lot of time on the old program? I had a lot of hours on it..... so i prefer it for various reasons water hunting. Are you certain it down loadd properly? I read somewhere....... that just because it down loaded doesnt mean it did it properly. However, ive done it several times back and forth and mine reacted the same.
i had it for two months and used it almost everyday. It seemed a little les jumpy but almost the same ID #s. No I’m not positive my download is correct other than Minelab site saying it was. Huh, I bought my wife one that has not been updated by me. so I will compare the two.