Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Has anyone else tested a clad Quarter with bolts/screws on top of it :surprised:

Ray-Mo.

I will not post my findings untill others have tried similar test as I hate to be called a liar,Ray.
PS I tested in preset coin mode in man. 30 deep on and both fast on and off with Pro coil.

Ray, there are many detectors that will pass that test if the targets are touching or nearly on the same plane. Take a 4 inch plastic cup and put it up side down over top of the coin and then set the screw or screws on top of the cup and then sweep over it again. Personally I have never seen a detector pass this test. I would be interested in the outcome.

Also put the screws about an inch away and horizontal to the quarter (so they point at it). If you can use the discrimination noted AND hear a diggable coin signal with that one, I'll buying one immediately.

Hey Ray, I dug something today that I thought was pretty cool for the Etrac. A battery clamp about 4 ins deep with rusted bolts on both ends, It gave a good signal to dig to see what it was. Interested to see your results. Thanks, EddieB

I think they are galvanized or zinc coated steel... steel hits different than iron

But I did try this... dont work too good :) but the again I dint think any machine can do this even, unless you accept the nail.. then you can dig the nail first.. by the way it works fine with one nail to the side, but one on each side nothing, also if nail is pointing towards the coin and within 2 inches nothing, even with only one.. these are what I deal with by the hand fulls at the cellar holes.. This is one of about 10 I have dug that read in coin range... most have a small bend like this one and that does bring them up in ferocious for some reason.. once out of the ground no signal

Shambler said:
Also put the screws about an inch away and horizontal to the quarter (so they point at it). If you can use the discrimination noted AND hear a diggable coin signal with that one, I'll buying one immediately.
I just tried it as pictured and it ID correct and sounded good to well over 8",Ray.
Exact same results with the rusty nails in second picture I added .Any complaints or questions about composition of the dug nails I used from my SE day's?

if you sweep slow, or hit it from the right side perpendicular... but another one off to the other side nothing I am trying it in factory coin mode

Hey Ray, That's quite a display. My machine will definately not pick up the coin. Just curious if your machine is falsing in those iron laden sites that you have been hunting? I've been hunting basically in the same settings as you. It looks like several others have machine not working to capacity. Thanks for the tests. EddieB

I am not trying to upset any one by this post.Also you may want to try a different pro coil before returning it.I have a good video camera but don't know how to post a video but will try to learn so I can give proof of my findings.I have said all along that the Etracs seperation is what is responsible for the majority of my finds so far,Ray.

The size and position of the iron/coin.............Have you seen this test video ?..http://www.mlotv.com/view/387/e-trac-iron-test/
This weekend I found a wheetie,and a screw (that was a tad smaller in the same hole.The target cusur said 6-7",and I found the screw about 2" above and off the side of the wheetie.

n/t

n/t

n/t

Any time a coin is sticking out past the nail, and the center of the loop is parallel to the nail, I can get it. 90 off nothing.