Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Has Anyone Ever Painted There Coils

moose57

The coil I am speaking of is the 11" equinox coil.
I was thinking of painting some of my coils, this
won't hurt the coil will it if I paint the top side
will it ??

I've seen some painted "their" coils

I have painted coils before, but only for water hunting, to see them better in cloudy water.

I only use my 5" coil in water..
Mark

OK then; what about my Coiltek 10" by 5" that will not keep the coil cover clipped on?
I used zip ties to keep in in place but am thinking to coat the bottom of coil with marine epoxy or similar to protect coil and not worrying about the skid plate.
I did coat an Excalibur 8" coil years ago with clear silicone and it worked great until my friend (who owned the machine) yanked the coil cabling loose from coil and it had to go in for out-of-warranty repair.
OUCH! Took me a few hours of pick, pick and pick some more to get the silicone coating off before shipping off to Minelab. :)

Please advise...

thanks,

doyle

I have the coiltek 5x10 now. Thought about a bead of silicon around the lip of the cover (inside top) and let harden to see if it would grab better. Even with zip ties there is a gap so I'm sure it would fill with dirt/sand especially water hunting.

Remember that most paints are chemical and will react (or not) with the plastic. May be good for some time but can break the housing, too. Even little hairline crack will be possible and the invading water will cause stress. I like fwcrawfords advice.
So I'd never paint a coil or buy a painted one.

Just wrap some surveyors tape on it… no worries about warrant issues then and it should be easy to see…