Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Has anyone hunted relics in bad ground yet and I do mean bad ground, And that is with the T2, Thanks

I have hunted in bad ground and ground filled with iron and trash. Any detector is going to have a hard time but you will find if you make up your mind to dig it will find the hard to find targets.

Sometimes places that are filled with trash are a wash I don't mind iron at all and you can't just go by the numbers it is the tone that counts. In iron I slow down and listen to the multy hits and listen for the high tone on 1plus.

Iron will grunt and mix in with good targets but the good targets will be heard also.

n/t

I live in Bartow county, in GA. We have some of the worst ground you can imagine, iron hills. I hunt one particular place that is a hilltop, a 4 acre yard that has been a homesite since about 1830. It was a Confederate hospital and then once burnin' Sherman came through it was a yankee site. It is loaded with hot rocks, small bits of iron, square nails, and every kind of piece of trash you can imagine. To top it off there is can slaw everywhere but the ground is really bad to begin with. I use a SovGT, a T2, and a Tejon. The GT handle's it ok but seem's to miss stuff. The T2 work's ok but just chatters like a little monkey. The Tejon is the answer here, with the 5.75 coil. It don't cut it using the stock coil but with the 5.75 the Tejon rules the bad ground. I love my T2 and use it all the time but... if you hunt bad ground you need to add a Tejon to your arsenal..and a small coil.

Julien

You like the 1+ in iron? I have not tried that but I will! I usually stay in 2+. Tell me more... please.

Julien

[quote lcpm]I have hunted in bad ground and ground filled with iron and trash. Any detector is going to have a hard time but you will find if you make up your mind to dig it will find the hard to find targets.

Sometimes places that are filled with trash are a wash I don't mind iron at all and you can't just go by the numbers it is the tone that counts. In iron I slow down and listen to the multy hits and listen for the high tone on 1plus.

Iron will grunt and mix in with good targets but the good targets will be heard also.[/quote]

n/t