Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Has anyone tried the V3i at the beach?

Sonny1965

I never do any shallow wading but was wondering how the V3i handled the wet sand? Was there any setting that helped other than the factory preset ? As always thanks in advance for your answers ! Sonny

The beach program works fine. You should use one of the concentric coils, either the 9.5 or 12".

Can you give me any insight as to why that coil(s) would work better?
Thanks Sonny

All I know is they do better. Why? You would have to ask the engineers. Notice that both the BHID 950 and BHID 300 both are produced with the concentric coil.

Hello , I'm at the beach house all this week.I just got my V3i last Friday so I can tell you it works better then expected imho. At first I was really struggling , But after watching alot of videos and reading the forums, I'm very happy with the V3i. I'm up to 147 coins and 1, 14k/9.3gram ring. That's pretty good for this vacant beach, Corolla NC... BTW I'm a regular beach hunter back in VB Va. I use the Excal,SovGT,and 3 Diff PI machines.This past summer I collected not less then 20 gold rings. I'm not gonna say just how deep this V3i is hitting the targets, But I will say I'm trying to think of a way to put her in an otter-box and still keep her cool.If you get a chance watch all of earthmansurfer's vids, really good stuff.Also check out Fox's V3i programs, great beach settings to start with, then just fine tune........ I'm using the D2 coil , works great!

I use the 5.3 coil and it works awesome.

Sent you a PM sonny

My son uses his with the stock 10 DD in beach setting and does very well. He hunts both the dry and wet sand. He also puts a baggy on the control head to keep the mist off. HH