Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Has anyone used the X-1 snray probe with their E-Trac?

cam9457

Hello all, I just got my new E-Trac last week and I'm having lot's of fun learning the new machine! I've been using(or attempting to use) the V4 pinpointer Kellyco sends with the etrac and I hate it. The V4 is HUGE, the sensetivity feature sucks, I just don't like it. I'm looking at buying a sunray X-1 pin pointer/probe for my etrac but was wondering if anyone has used one with their etrac and if so what did you think? From what I understand I would have to have the coil wire outside the shaft to use the X-1, I really like how streamlined the etrac is with the coil wire on the inside of the shaft as it is now. Anybody used the X-1 with your etrac yet?

Hi - I agree - that free pinpointer is junk - sell it on eBay (if you can). The X-1 works fine with the E-Trac I just ordered another one (my third) from Detector Depot he's got some in stock and the shipping is free! You might also want to get a VibraProbe too - I use one. The X-1 is great, but for really fine pinpointing in a pile of dirt for your target it's a bit of a pain in the neck. I use it to find where in the hole the target is (what direction) when it's out and I still can't find it I pull out the VibraProbe - it's the fastest method as far as I'm concerned.

Now if I could only find a way to dig that hoel faster....

I have run my cable up the inside for my X-1. I drilled a hole with one of those cone type drills that you use on sheet metal, just big enough to get the connector through, 3" back towards the coil from the X-1 switch box and then filed a 1/4" wide slot with a round file, from this hole, 1/2" further ,towards the coil. to allow the cable to come up out of the inside at a better angle. Tie a fine cord behind the connector, so you can pull the connector and cable out of the tube, I also cut a short length of plastic tube and put over the coil cable to protect it where it comes through the tube, Connect it to the X-1 switch switch box, and then tape it up with electrical tape to stop the sand and dirt getting in, Mine has been done for 2yrs, and I have never had a problem. I have only changed coils a couple of times, as I use the 12' WOT all the time, but taking the electrical tape off, and putting it back on is the most time consuming thing. It's a really easy conversion, and does not seem to have effected the structural integrity of the tube. Bob

I have two, one on my etrac and one on my SE, cant imagine hunting without it.. the cable on the outside is no big deal, a couple Velcro straps and your all set

It works great with the ET, altho with high gain and sensitivity, it goes nuts. I have to turn my Gain down to find a target.
HH,
MT.
Tom

The Sunray probe will abosolutely be the best accessory you'll buy for your detector. Yes the coil cord now has to run outside your shaft but if you buy a lower shaft for every coil you can change coils in seconds. The other great thing about the Sunray probe is that it's really a mini coil that hears the same tones that you heard when your coil went over the target. I don't know how many times I've dug a deep plug and taken the coin out and then rechecked the hole with the probe only to hear another iffy high tone a little deeper. After taking out a couple of more inches of dirt another coin comes out.

I have the Sunray probe on 4 other detectors. You can't go wrong with getting one.

HH Randy