Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Has Garrett dropped the ATX price?

Detectorbits

Suddenly in the UK the Retail price on the Garrett ATX has been dropped 300 quid which is about $500 in your money. Thats a hell of a drop for what reason? they have only just been introduced and they are selling and are out of stock everywhere. The retail price in the UK until recently was just a shade under

I had noticed that myself a few days back,of course its good if you are in the market to buy one of these detectors,they are a brand new detector that has only been out a very short time duration but as yet i still have not heard of anyone on any of the forum mentioning the fact that they have bought one.So is it possible that people just have spare money after christmas or is it a detector that does not really have a niche over here in the UK ??

As i have mentioned before i never buy a brand new detector that has just come onto the market i give a minimum of 6-9 months usually the latter time duration to see if any reliability issues start appearing,another thing what niche does this actually fit in ?? we have all ready a wide spectrum of Pulse machines from low end spec machines right upto the other end of the spectrum,i wont mention other brand names on the thread,but we also have waterproof and total diving Pulse machine as well so that in theory should cover most users needs.So does our market require another high end Pulse machine ??? the ATX as yet has not found a pigeon hole that it will fit so as a result of this i can possibly see sales being sluggish.

The markets that the ATX i guess is aimed at is nuggett hunting in either Aussie land or US gold fields that is what all the videos are showing it being used for,but over here we dont have Gold nuggets,but we do have a vast array of historic artifacts etc that can be found with other cheaper machines.So is this the possible reason why sales are sluggish and the price has dropped ??? its not for me too say but of course time will tell.

These are of course just my personal observations and nothing else,of course i would like one of these machines but the time aspect still stands and also feedback from other UK detectorists who use these machines and not biased reviews as can appear in certain media.

Apparently Mega they have been selling better in the UK than was expected. Distributor has already had to re order so why the need to drop the price. Very strange. Theres already one on preloved at a couple hundred quid less than the guy paid for it, he's gonna be even more ticked off when he hears the new price is now cheaper.

I have been waiting two months now for the Deepseeker package and now have been told March

Sales are not sluggish...

Sales seem brisk enough by reading the forums. Hunters seem to be happy with the results, but no one seems overly happy with the configuration. I don't see any price drop in the states or any change in the way it's built. I'm going to compare one along side an Infirium in a few days. No doubt the ATX is way more advanced, but comfort in handling will play a big role. But hey what do I know?