Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Haunted Homestead?

AVXVA

Had a chance to try a new place today and wow-o-wow was it strange. Two-story abandoned farm house, never been detected, and I get a solid 1-47 signal that jumps back and forth to 12-47, 10-47, 11-47, and back to 1-47. Rotating the coil 180 degrees, and BAM, I get a solid repeatable signal at 1-47. Rotate back 180 degrees and I'm jumping around again. Quick Mask fails to reveal any iron, lowest number is 12-47.

The ground is a hard, dense clay. I open a 3" deep, 6" diameter hole and BAM, I'm getting a solid, repeatable 1-47 that's only 1" away. Dig down three inches and I'm still 1" away. Dig down three more inches and I'm 1" away. Now I have to enlarge the hole, and I'm still 1" away. Repeat all the above until I've got a 12" deep hole that's 15" wide and I'm still 1" away. But now I've got a 1-47, 12-47 signal and I have to rest because I'm gassed--the ground is harder than hell. Three minutes later, I put the coil back in the hole and I've got nothing. The target has disappeared completely. I slow way down, increase/decrease power--change settings--search the dirt--search all around and nothing. ???

Ten minutes later, I'm 60 feet away and I get a loud 8-47, 4-34, 15-39, 1-49, 8-22, 12-45 and I'm not moving the coil! The coil is resting stationary on the ground and my E-Trac is literally singing to me. WTF? I dig down three inches and the signal goes crazy--nothing is repeatable--the coil/machine stationary, but working in over-drive: 10 tones a second. Three more inches and the E-Trac overloads. Holding the coil 18 inches in the air above the hole and the machine goes crazy again. Scratch around with a tool and a heavy gauge rusted wire emerges. ???

I honestly believe I had some kind of weird EMF ground interference going on and I was way out in the country. Or the place was haunted...

Bronc