Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Have A Problem - Faulty Headphone Module ?

E-Trac-Ohio

Just went to charge the Deus for the weekend - the remote and coil are both charging OK - but the headphone module will not charge or turn on.
None of the parts of my Deus have been dropped, banged or exposed to bad weather.

I removed the headphone module - cleaned the contacts and still nothing ?
When I plug it into the charger - the LED digit's flash for a few minutes then the screen just goes blank.

Any ideas ?

It maybe the batteries are so low that it will take awhile for it to get enough charge into it to register.

Try plugging it into one of the other charging cables that you know works. Sometimes one of the three cables will stop working or not work properly.

Charlene Sabisch

Problem resolved - I sent my headphone module (16 mos. old ) back to XP America in Mass. - they said the battery was bad.
No ... I've never run it all the way down - gotten it wet or dropped it .
They put a new battery in it and mailed it back out to me the same day they received it.
Now that's great service !

I bought one that was bad right out of the box - sometimes it would sound off great, other times it would just cut out completely, and yet other times it would make silver sound like iron. There was no real way to know what any given target would sound like or even if it would sound at all. I checked and made sure the battery was charged and it sure was. I blamed the headphones at first, but it did it on multiple sets so then I knew it was the headphone module.

It was returned and they replaced it and the new set performs flawlessly. Not sure what the issue was with the "old" set but the key is they replaced it and did it quite quickly. So it's good to know we are covered if we have issues. That was my initial concern about buying an XP machine is what happens if something goes wrong (and something always can). They've answered that question nicely. It was a good move on their part to get a US center set up (and I've bought from that company before and they were always great to deal with).