Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Have Any Of You Found A Twenty Cent Silver Coin ?

E-Trac-Ohio

I remember seeing a few 20 Cent Coins in the forums along time ago but I don't remember seeing any posted in the last five years or so.
They were only minted from 1875 to 1878.
Just curious ... have any of you guy's found one of these rare coins ?

Good Hunting !

No I haven't, still on my list. Better yet have you found one? Years ago at a seeded open there where over a 100 hunters attending and the same question came up, the response was no one, but one guy knew someone who had dug one. Rarer than hens teeth would be the category, rarer than a gold coin by a long ways.
Still looking,
Jeff

Seems like within the last year I saw one posted on another forum. But you are right, they are few and far between. I've been a avid old coin hunter for 47 years now, and that is one coin that still alludes me...and the vast majority of other coin hunters as well. HH jim tn

Wow! Never even heard of one. Sure would be nice to dig one.

Hi Jeff, No, I've never found a 20 Cent coin - I just wanted to see how many people would say they had !

laplander said:
No I haven't, still on my list. Better yet have you found one? Years ago at a seeded open there where over a 100 hunters attending and the same question came up, the response was no one, but one guy knew someone who had dug one. Rarer than hens teeth would be the category, rarer than a gold coin by a long ways.
Still looking,
Jeff

Thought I found one this year it turned out a 1876 CC pretty worn but my first CC seated

1793 flowing hair large cent-yup, 1877 indian head-yup,flying eagle cent-yup,silver bust dimes-yup, silver 20 cent piece NOPE..

Howdy E-Trac-Ohio--

No Sir. I haven't yet dug a 20 cent piece. I did save my clad and, with it, purchased an 1875-S 20 cent piece. I had to see how it would read on my detector! For unusual denomination finds, the neatist that I have dug are 3 cent nickles. In almost 40 years of detecting I have only dug 2 of those : 1866 & 1870. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

It’s hard to see the CC if you enlarge you can just make it out
Mark

I pulled it from salt mud, and only the legend 'twenty cents ' was visible, woo hoo! Wrapped it up n kept digging,
Later discovered its a 1912-18 Chinese silver☺️HH all.

attachment.php

attachment.php

ETO,

I also remember seeing at least a couple posted here, and that would have been on the Explorer forum. I think Ric(il) was one. I did come across at least one when I searched, but it looks like the archives only go back to 2004, the ones I remember may have been found before then.

Chris

Oddly enough, was just talking with the girlfriend about this 2 minutes ago! Minted for only three years (1875-7:geek:, they are gonna be tough to find! I'll be super happy when I do!! :)