Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Have I been wrong about this for 2 years?

TrpnBils

Alternate subject line I considered for above: am I an idiot?

The piece above the battery which you can unscrew... What is that? I was always under the impression that that was the wireless module, and I always take that off whenever I detect in the water. Tonight I went to a picnic Grove and detected in the rain period when it started raining harder, I took that piece off because I was under the impression it was not waterproof. I didn't take my headphones off though because I didn't think about it, and I just turned my detector back on. I still got Wireless signals through my headphones even without that module attached. Have I been wrong all this time? If so, what the heck is that piece??

That piece is just the 1/4" headphone adapter.

(The wireless transmitter is inside the detector.)

You are right about the adapter not being waterproof, though.

Here's a link to Minelab about those parts:
https://www.minelab.com/__files/f/93182/KBA_21-3%20CTX%203030%20Audio%20Options.pdf

Cool, thanks! I always take that off in the rain because if the open Jack, but always thought there was a wireless component in there too.

Ahhhh,yessir.....the answer to your question(and alternate question)....:lmfao: Nothing to feel bad about though,unless others help you do it!:crazy:

TrpnBils said:
Ignorance or not, I'd say it was a pretty successful couple of hours tonight!

That’s BEYOND “successful” right there! Holy COW! I’m glad the CTX is still relevant....:rolleyes:

Went back today and got three more Indians, a V, a buffalo, barber dime, and a bucket Lister 2¢ piece. Been a good weekend!