Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Have the Legend for a couple of weeks

Rick(ND)

Been sitting in the shipping box until tonight when I wanted to see what it even look like as the cost was reasonable and we cant detect up here in ND so I was in no hurry. What I seen tonight actually has only have 2 things I didn't like and many things that impressed me. First thing it is hard to see the controls and see where some have painted the control to stand out more, the second thing I didnt like was it kept tipping over what I was trying do some some test on my counter , but can be a easy fix or maybe someone makes a stand for it already.
This one I am not sure if the extras were from the factory or added by the dealer. First thing I notice was there were 2 caps in the box, the digger sure didn't look like it would not break as some that come free with the detector, nice digger. I notice a pinpointer in the box too and it too was a Nokta brand with the nice sheath to fit on your belt so I turned it on and seen it had batteries in it I thought, but after looking more I seen it was rechargeable probe. I like this as I have a red one like it I bought to try out and like it, good depth . I seen the extra battery pack to use when the original get low while you are detecting, but felt a little heavy and to find out it too is recharge able . Has a nice trash/ treasure bag in the box too. There was also another probably a wrist holder for the probe
Charged the battery once I figured it out for about a hour while reading the manual so I mounted the small coil on the shaft, it had 2 coils in the box so it is all covered as you have a small and large coil which is nice.
I got a wireless headphone too and tried them on to see how they felt on and it felt great. Didn't pair them on for the legend.
I got the battery charged and coil added on the shaft and turned it on, took a few seconds to come on while it loaded up the built in program, the volume sounds great and waved a few coin across the coil and it seen them with no problem in the factory settings. Now the real test I do to all my detectors I test indoors is I throw a coin or so on the floor and being there are nails everywhere in the floor and it ran quiet until it ran over the coin, push the pinpoint to see if there was a nail beneath the coin on the floor and it sounded good and a coin signal, but was only a short signal. when put the coin right on top of where the nail was, these are not real big nails I am sure as my bar where I tried it at was built around 1919. Most detectors i have tried on this floor dont do as good as this Legend does.
Going to do more test indoors and maybe go outside in the snow to get away from my electrical interference.
What I have seen it is impressive for me and when I can get out in the spring in actual hunting will tell the story.
I feel the Nokta probe is worth around $100 the digger around $30, the trash treasure bag another $20 or so and the extra rechargeable battery another $50 and the wireless headphones another $60-$70 and the extra small coil another $100, so the price is very reasonable for the Legend package as the extra are good items I got.

Rick

Been sitting in the shipping box until tonight when I wanted to see what it even look like as the cost was reasonable and we cant detect up here in ND so I was in no hurry. What I seen tonight actually has only have 2 things I didn't like and many things that impressed me. First thing it is hard to see the controls and see where some have painted the control to stand out more, the second thing I didnt like was it kept tipping over what I was trying do some some test on my counter , but can be a easy fix or maybe someone makes a stand for it already.
This one I am not sure if the extras were from the factory or added by the dealer. First thing I notice was there were 2 caps in the box, the digger sure didn't look like it would not break as some that come free with the detector, nice digger. I notice a pinpointer in the box too and it too was a Nokta brand with the nice sheath to fit on your belt so I turned it on and seen it had batteries in it I thought, but after looking more I seen it was rechargeable probe. I like this as I have a red one like it I bought to try out and like it, good depth . I seen the extra battery pack to use when the original get low while you are detecting, but felt a little heavy and to find out it too is recharge able . Has a nice trash/ treasure bag in the box too. There was also another probably a wrist holder for the probe
Charged the battery once I figured it out for about a hour while reading the manual so I mounted the small coil on the shaft, it had 2 coils in the box so it is all covered as you have a small and large coil which is nice.
I got a wireless headphone too and tried them on to see how they felt on and it felt great. Didn't pair them on for the legend.
I got the battery charged and coil added on the shaft and turned it on, took a few seconds to come on while it loaded up the built in program, the volume sounds great and waved a few coin across the coil and it seen them with no problem in the factory settings. Now the real test I do to all my detectors I test indoors is I throw a coin or so on the floor and being there are nails everywhere in the floor and it ran quiet until it ran over the coin, push the pinpoint to see if there was a nail beneath the coin on the floor and it sounded good and a coin signal, but was only a short signal. when put the coin right on top of where the nail was, these are not real big nails I am sure as my bar where I tried it at was built around 1919. Most detectors i have tried on this floor dont do as good as this Legend does.
Going to do more test indoors and maybe go outside in the snow to get away from my electrical interference.
What I have seen it is impressive for me and when I can get out in the spring in actual hunting will tell the story.
I feel the Nokta probe is worth around $100 the digger around $30, the trash treasure bag another $20 or so and the extra rechargeable battery another $50 and the wireless headphones another $60-$70 and the extra small coil another $100, so the price is very reasonable for the Legend package as the extra are good items I got.

Rick
First of all welcome to the Legend Legions LOL

you made a great choice in the Legend, one thing I will say is check and see which version software is currently on your Legend, you do this by powering the legend on and while LD is on the screen look at the top right hand corner of the screen it will tell you which version it currently is it can be 1.04, 1.05, 1.07 or 1.09 if it is a earlier version update it to 1.09 and learn on the 1.09 there are features in the 1.09 version that are not included in the earlier versions like and adjustable iron filter, a mineralization meter and quite a few other features like being able to do a factory reset none of the earlier versions had any of those features included they were not added until 1.09 was released to us, also if your legend did not come with the 1.09 installed already go to the Nokta/Macro site and go to the Legend page click on the downloads tab and download the new manual for the 1.09 as the earlier version Legend did not have the same manual that you will need for all the settings for the 1.09 version.

you only have to do these if your legend is the earlier versions 1.04, 1.05, or 1.07 and only if you want to begin with the newest version software 1.09, which I highly recommend starting with the newest version

just in case here is the Manual download for 1.09
The Legend User Manual (EN)ViewDownload

her is the download to update to 1.09
Download: The Legend Update Tool (Windows) Includes System Software V1.09 - V1.07 - V1.05
Download: The Legend Update Tool (macOS) Includes System Software V1.09 - V1.07 - V1.05

and here is the download you will need to update the Threshold

Download: Threshold Volume Update Tool (Windows)
Download: Threshold Volume Update Tool (macOS)

other then what I have posted if you have questions do not hesitate to post your questions there are many great legend user here on findmall

one last thing if you do update to the newest version do not forget to do a factory reset (this is critical to do) once you have updated and you will only be able to do the factory reset if you do the 1.09 update if the 1.09 is already installed you will not have to do the reset, but every time you install a new update you want to perform a factory reset again (this is critical)

Last edited:

Rick
Rick, yes it is real bargain, but the best part is the detector. I have found it to be performer. Going to be a long winter waiting.

Not sure what you paid but now its down to $509 i was told. For performance and features for price it just cant be beat.
Why so many who paid $1200 for a all purpose coin,jewelry,relic and gold detector are freaking out lol. Congratulations and enjoy

Rick
Welcome Rick,
I bought into the pro package with the bonus pack, and the price was low enough that I purchased the backpack for it while I was at it !!…All the added toys were great to have, and couldn’t be beat for the money….You will find both positives, and negatives with the Legend….Hopefully in time the negatives will be ironed out with updates…It’s a wait and see game….As it stands, it’s not a bad machine at all…There are some work arounds that you will stumble on and fixes along the way….Spend some time getting familiar with it….Good Luck, and ask anything on the forum….It’s a good bunch here… Jim

Thanks for all info everyone gave me as mine is a 1.05 and may have to try to do the update and wonder if you can go right from the 1.05 all the way to the 1.09 or got to do the 1.07 than do the 1.09.
I was looking at the Legend when they came out and when the price got that low I figured was time to see what everyone was talking about. First impression seems great, but what matter now how it does in the field and can I learn it. My favorite detector for me was the Sovereign which I was able to learn, so I hope to learn the legend and do as good or better with legend

Rick

Thanks for all info everyone gave me as mine is a 1.05 and may have to try to do the update and wonder if you can go right from the 1.05 all the way to the 1.09 or got to do the 1.07 than do the 1.09.
I was looking at the Legend when they came out and when the price got that low I figured was time to see what everyone was talking about. First impression seems great, but what matter now how it does in the field and can I learn it. My favorite detector for me was the Sovereign which I was able to learn, so I hope to learn the legend and do as good or better with legend

Rick
The 1.09 update will update you straight to 1.09 no matter what version you currently have.

Rick
Why did you part with the Sovereign ?

Rick
no need to do the 1.07 the 1.09 has everything including all previous updates, if you do the 1.07 you will not have the ability to do a factory reset. do not forget if you do update to 1.09 do a factory reset after the install of the 1.09 you will then have to input any custom user setting you set up back in, I have attached everything you need to do the update as well as the new manual for the 1.09 in my first reply to your thread

Last edited:
Thanks for the info oldkoot and will have to try it when I can.

Rick

Why did you part with the Sovereign ?
Havent parted with my GT that I have with all the extras, dont know if I ever will as it has been very good for me. tried all the Minelabs and the Sovereign is the one that works the best for me with the tones with my hearing . I just had to try the Legend as it is suppose to be lighter which I can see and it is going to be hard to beat the Sovereign in performance , but I wanted to try any way. Everyone is different what they think about different detectors and the only way is to try it to see for your self for your type of detecting works the best for you,

Rick

Havent parted with my GT that I have with all the extras, dont know if I ever will as it has been very good for me. tried all the Minelabs and the Sovereign is the one that works the best for me with the tones with my hearing . I just had to try the Legend as it is suppose to be lighter which I can see and it is going to be hard to beat the Sovereign in performance , but I wanted to try any way. Everyone is different what they think about different detectors and the only way is to try it to see for your self for your type of detecting works the best for you,

Rick
I'm very interested in the Legend too.
I love my Sovereign. Even though I've bagged the control box. It's cumbersome.
My old Explorers are too heavy and Very difficult to hear. The legend has me a little spooked.
Seems to have more of a learning curve than the Explorers. Been studying it for quite sometime now. Hopefully I can afford one next spring.
Right now I'm just trying to keep the vehicles on the road. Because of what's happening with the tbill and interest rates. I'm being forced to retire early this month. Or lose 30% of my pension come January. Only had another year to 64.
Thought I had already lost it.
Just found out last yrs rate is locked in until end of month.
1.52 verse 5.1 one January. 😞🤕🤬

My old Explorers are too heavy and Very difficult to hear. The legend has me a little spooked.
Seems to have more of a learning curve than the Explorers. Been studying it for quite sometime now. Hopefully I can afford one next spring.
Right now I'm just trying to keep the vehicles on the road. Because of what's happening with the tbill and interest rates. I'm being forced to retire early this month. Or lose 30% of my pension come January. Only had another year to 64.
yea I hear you it is sad what is happening to all us old farts, do not worry about the learning curve the Legend is more simple then it appears to be, I was the same as you real aprehensive about all the setting in the Legend until I received my first one, I sat down in a recliner booted it up with the manual in hand and just started playing with buttons to see what they did within an hour and a half I figured everything out in the Legend, the Xterra 705 I started out on took me almost two years to figure out all the setting in it, and even though I used the 705 for 12 years I would most likely have to get out the manual and give myself a refresher course on setting again with the 705 it just was not that easy to learn, the Legend is not that way for me at least it was not.

The sov gt was one of my favorites but so were the Tesoro’s. I liked them all lol. sold them years ago and i have gone with the legend. I was worried about it being complicated but it’s easier than you think and you don’t have to use all the features on it can be used as a turn on and go with factory settings

The sov gt was one of my favorites but so were the Tesoro’s. I liked them all lol. sold them years ago and i have gone with the legend. I was worried about it being complicated but it’s easier than you think and you don’t have to use all the features on it can be used as a turn on and go with factory settings
Cool
Hopefully the money tree produces a good crop next year. 😊

Cool
Hopefully the money tree produces a good crop next year. 😊
Sorry to hear what you are going through. Will pray things turn around for you.
Have you considered selling one of your detectors im sure someone would buy the sovereign and get the legend at a great price right now for a small difference

yea I hear you it is sad what is happening to all us old farts, do not worry about the learning curve the Legend is more simple then it appears to be, I was the same as you real aprehensive about all the setting in the Legend until I received my first one, I sat down in a recliner booted it up with the manual in hand and just started playing with buttons to see what they did within an hour and a half I figured everything out in the Legend, the Xterra 705 I started out on took me almost two years to figure out all the setting in it, and even though I used the 705 for 12 years I would most likely have to get out the manual and give myself a refresher course on setting again with the 705 it just was not that easy to learn, the Legend is not that way for me at least it was not.
I remember when i went from analog detectors like the sovereign and tesoro, no tid, and got my first Xterra the 505. Wow at first it was too overwhelming with all the numbers jumping around on the screen and beeping lol. Lasted not even a weeks before i got rid of it. I eventually gave it another try got another one the 705 i seem to remember some saying using prospecting mode ⛏️
would be great for finding gold jewelry
, probably the wrong thing to do but tried it for a little while but just never bonded with it. After that i was always skittish about using a detector with tid.
Finally got the legend thinking i can just use it without using the tid but its been growing on me and from watching everyone else use the numbers once you understand and get used to it not too complicated.
As for all the different tones, pitches and other adjustments will see lol.
For people who started out with all that its much easier just like young people with computers.
I did computer programming way back before the internet when Steve Jobs was still working in his garage.
It was pretty natural to me as i never really had to study and aced all my computer classes as many struggled to understand. After the internet came out it was like a whole different world now im lost lol. Those younger people who first learned on the internet it was easier for them to understand. Its what you are first used to as change is harder to learn.
I would like to use the legend similar to how i used the sovereign with the threshold but setting it up that way is what’s complicated with all the extra settings and features. Its not just like flipping a switch and turning a dial.

Sorry to hear what you are going through. Will pray things turn around for you.
Have you considered selling one of your detectors im sure someone would buy the sovereign and get the legend at a great price right now for a small difference
What I have I plan to leave to my grandsons who show interest.
Money is just tight. Not destitute thank God.
Prayers are always welcome. Thank You.

What I have I plan to leave to my grandsons who show interest.
Money is just tight. Not destitute thank God.
Prayers are always welcome. Thank You.
Will keep you and your family in my prayers….I’m always happy to see or hear about living to see the day of retirement…What I don’t like is how little the elderly and the disabled are treated In this country….Being forced to retire is not what I would call a happy retirement…I was so afraid at the time thinking that Social Security would be used up by our so called leaders for something other than what it was supposed to be used for, that I took my SS at 62….I don’t regret it , but didn’t plan on it either !

Will keep you and your family in my prayers….I’m always happy to see or hear about living to see the day of retirement…What I don’t like is how little the elderly and the disabled are treated In this country….Being forced to retire is not what I would call a happy retirement…I was so afraid at the time thinking that Social Security would be used up by our so called leaders for something other than what it was supposed to be used for, that I took my SS at 62….I don’t regret it , but didn’t plan on it either !
How much do you lose at 62 compared to 64 ?