Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Have You Ever Been Envious Of Your Friend..?

fastdraw

This is a different kind of post...!

Today when I was working,... my metal detecting friend, sent me several texts with photographs, of a rare key date $5 gold piece coin... In "Extra Fine"
condition condition. đź’°đź’°

We spoke on the phone...!

I'm not jealous... but I am very envious, of his great find. He's been metal detecting for 13 serious years...! and this is his first gold coin, and it was a killer find..!!

Maybe on day..? I'll find such Treasure..?

I think it's a natural thing to feel, why not me , when a biddy finds a great one. We are only human.

My bud will send me text pictures he downloads off the internet, you know, some guys hand holding a GW inaugural button, or some other fantastic find, just to get me going :)

I used to get pangs of envy, but not so much any more.

However, my detecting friend never dug GOLD either!!!

Just commiserating

Attachments

• 5DF8F74F-F39A-4002-8680-0768DFA274AA.jpeg
    5DF8F74F-F39A-4002-8680-0768DFA274AA.jpeg
    94.9 KB · Views: 122
I’m with you. I have always wanted a US buckle. But one day last year I was hunting a civil war camp and found a 1856 one dollar gold coin. I still haven’t found a buckle but the gold coin left me speechless for a few days. So many finds that I see on this and other forums I think man I would like to find one of those. But hey you never know maybe one day we will find one.

Hey, FD! Don't feel bad! 42 yr's & and still no gold coin!! But I have many more great find's! Seven Capped Bust silvers & three Spanish silvers & dozen's of pieces of Indian Trade silver! All from Iowa!
I'm totally happy!!! I can live without a gold coin..........
Congrat's to your friend! I'd be envious, too!

Iowa Dale

Hey, FD! Don't feel bad! 42 yr's & and still no gold coin!! But I have many more great find's! Seven Capped Bust silvers & three Spanish silvers & dozen's of pieces of Indian Trade silver! All from Iowa!
I'm totally happy!!! I can live without a gold coin..........
Congrat's to your friend! I'd be envious, too!

Iowa Dale
I’m in Iowa too Dale, I can only hope to find maybe half the stuff you find someday! Congrats

I am sure you have some find your friend is envious of. Enjoy each other's finds as it is just part of a very enjoyable hobby.
Long ago I was about ready to give up water detecting when a few Spanish half and two reals were displayed at a club meeting.
I did not and two weeks later in salt water I found an 8 reals. But you know what...however it went, it would not have changed my life.
In this case, it did not as I am still detecting the water and not dirt digging. And I now enjoy a pull tab on the occasional slow day in the water.
Loving the hobby.

I guess I'm lucky found my gold coin the first year detecting another would be nice but Id like to see a friend get one.
I like to detect with friends also it just does not happen as often as Id like I'm a super early riser and like to get out early when my friends are usually still in bed..
while I'm Sending them photos of capped busts! lol
Mark

Reminds me of diggin w/dad (passed). Now dad was real competitive. I'd pull a button or something and show
him and OH MAN off he would go swinging that coil like a blur I mean just choppin weeds, covering a lot of ground in a short time! My
youngest brother hunts w/me now and we always say good job on your find and now its your turn or something
like that. We still get a good laugh thinking and remembering about how dad used to be.
HH okie

I am sure you have some find your friend is envious of. Enjoy each other's finds as it is just part of a very enjoyable hobby.
Long ago I was about ready to give up water detecting when a few Spanish half and two reals were displayed at a club meeting.
I did not and two weeks later in salt water I found an 8 reals. But you know what...however it went, it would not have changed my life.
In this case, it did not as I am still detecting the water and not dirt digging. And I now enjoy a pull tab on the occasional slow day in the water.
Loving the hobby.
Your words are wisdom to my original post. Thank You..!

When my brother and I go detecting and he finds a silver coin it just gets me excited because it's fun for either one of us to find a silver coin.
I can remember several times we had been hunting for hours and my back would be killing me and then all of a sudden one of us would find a silver coin and my back pain would suddenly disappear, funny how that works.

When my brother and I go detecting and he finds a silver coin it just gets me excited because it's fun for either one of us to find a silver coin.
I can remember several times we had been hunting for hours and my back would be killing me and then all of a sudden one of us would find a silver coin and my back pain would suddenly disappear, funny how that works.
stick close...your brother has been planning to keep your back pain away....it is even better than ben gay isn't it ?
And fast draw..." just to think you may have helped your hunting buddy in any way find a nice coin is a feather in anyone's hat"

Know how you feel, found my first gold coin this year (my avatar) in the middle of a farm field. It is like love, when you are not looking for it, that is when it shows up!