Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Have you ever had hostility from people while You Detect.

I had a cop approach me in a small park once, he explained that someone called, but he quickly told me that he knew what I was doing, saying "I metal detect myself." He spun stories about his finds and a local hunter in that city who had found buckets of silvers over years in that city. It was a pleasant experience.

Now, I did have a sherif, dressed in tan uniform in Dallas once, and he kept his hand on his side arm walking up, and he had no sense of humor at all. It was a public park but I figure some Karen called it in. Every experience is different.

I thought later on if I was required to give him my identification, being it was tax payer public property. I did though.

May I ask your opinion then.
After an accident at work which put me in bed for 3 1/2 years. Costing us our home,, land,, Everything.
I actually got back into metal detecting to help in recovery. The home was built in 1860. A beautiful farm house. As I poked around the property I discovered it was loaded with coins and treasure's.
Thousands of hot signals. From large cents and coppers to more Indian heads than I've ever seen.
To many to dig in my current state.
I could only do a couple digs a night after hobbling around a hundred ft or so. Left most everything in the ground. Just focused on the Indian heads which my Whites MXT had a liking to with perfect lock on.
The one family owners I purchased it from apparently had never let anyone detect it.

After the bankruptcy. The home and acreage were to go to sheriff auction.

Took months but I was able to get written permission to go back and detect the property.
I've worked midnight shifts most of my career as an emergency responder. Couldn't sleep much at night. So I went to the property between 2&3 in the morning. As I'm approaching the property a sheriff deputy comes pulling out and drives off.
Got my machine out.
Poked all around the property.
Not a signal to be heard.
I asked neighbor's and it turns out he had been their every night almost since the day we moved out cleaning it out.
I contacted the mortgage company.
They gave no one else permission.
F

Is this common practice of sheriff departments ?

May I ask your opinion then.
After an accident at work which put me in bed for 3 1/2 years. Costing us our home,, land,, Everything.
I actually got back into metal detecting to help in recovery. The home was built in 1860. A beautiful farm house. As I poked around the property I discovered it was loaded with coins and treasure's.
Thousands of hot signals. From large cents and coppers to more Indian heads than I've ever seen.
To many to dig in my current state.
I could only do a couple digs a night after hobbling around a hundred ft or so. Left most everything in the ground. Just focused on the Indian heads which my Whites MXT had a liking to with perfect lock on.
The one family owners I purchased it from apparently had never let anyone detect it.

After the bankruptcy. The home and acreage were to go to sheriff auction.

Took months but I was able to get written permission to go back and detect the property.
I've worked midnight shifts most of my career as an emergency responder. Couldn't sleep much at night. So I went to the property between 2&3 in the morning. As I'm approaching the property a sheriff deputy comes pulling out and drives off.
Got my machine out.
Poked all around the property.
Not a signal to be heard.
I asked neighbor's and it turns out he had been their every night almost since the day we moved out cleaning it out.
I contacted the mortgage company.
They gave no one else permission.
Filed a complaint with the county.
Nothing.
Hardly a response.
" You no longer owner of the property."

Is this common practice of sheriff departments ?

And the most disgusting thing to me.
My son was not allowed to bid on the property at the auction. A home worth well over $200,000.
Went for $27,000 to a county worker. 😢
Sending you a private message with a few questions. Short answer, it's not the kind of reply I'd expect.

Last edited: