Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Havent posted in a WHILE.

JoeinMemphis

I have been looking for my first silver coin for 26 YEARS, I just found it earlier this month, a 1902 Barber dime, I was so happy I made a pendant out of it. Ironically I found it in the same front yard of the 1843 home site I have been hunting for 7 years now. I am calling it my $9000 dime, since I have bought a Garrett Master hunter 5, an ACE 250, a Minelab SE, an SE PRO, an Excalibur 2, a Tesoro Tiger Shark, and a CTX 3030 in the quest for this dime. Not to mention extra coils for all of the above that would take an extra coil.
I also found a 1927 buffalo and an 1868 shield nickel within 10' of the dime find, all around 7" with nails in the hole. Last week I found a boot tap (I am assuming) and part of the lead backing for a Union breastplate. All of a sudden that site is opening up.
This weekend I went to Corinth Mississippi to try and get some relics, I ended up with a part of a trace chain, and a 3' copperhead. I left more lead there than I took back with me thanks to the snake. I forget what pattern I was using to get the snake, but all else was done in ferrous coin with an open screen.
Joe

Looks like the floodgates have opened! Congrats!

Looks Like Wonderful Finds

I Have the Same Boot Tap and Love that It Is A Heart

But Seriously, Really, Your First Ever Silver Coin In 26 Years? REALLY?

Well Joe congrats on the finds was wondering what happen to you hey you just one up me I have never found a shield nickel :thumbup: sube

I had to quit hunting for a while, my father passed away May 15 a year ago from Alzheimer's at 89, it was a very rough last couple of years with him, and being the only one looking out for him there was no time to do anything but be a caregiver. I took the rest of last year to get the house back into shape, new paint, floors etc. since it had been neglected for years while I took care of him.

I was definitely blown away that day, it was in the same place I have hunted with the SE Pro many times. There is a LOT of iron in there, each swing gets around 8 or so iron hits, I have to go very slow everywhere on the property.

Yes, I have been looking for that dang thing since 6-10-89 when I found my first coin, a 1989 penny with the Garrett Master Hunter 5. That is a cool boot heel isn't it?

Thank you, I hope you are right. I am going to Knoxville for the CTX boot camp in August, I hope that helps.