Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Haven't seen any good post lately.

fastdraw

Haven't seen any really good finds in the past 2 to 3 weeks, except for a couple of our "Star" metal detectors. I'm assuming everybody has been experiencing bad weather...?? I know I was experiencing snow in bad weather, but the snow is melting off, and I'm going to jump back out there, and take a 2-Day Metal Detecting road trip with the wife. Unfortunately I have to bring her two worthless dogs on this trip,... because I'm too cheap to pay $25 per dog, per day to board them. 🐕

That $25 savings will buy you a good hamburger! :)--------Haven't seen any really good finds in the past 2 to 3 weeks, except for a couple of our "Star" metal detectors. I'm assuming everybody has been experiencing bad weather...?? I know I was experiencing snow in bad weather, but the snow is melting off, and I'm going to jump back out there, and take a 2-Day Metal Detecting road trip with the wife. Unfortunately I have to bring her two worthless dogs on this trip,... because I'm too cheap to pay $25 per dog, per day to board them. 🐕

Yup, snowed in and cold......

I plowed the farm driveway out yesterday after the last couple of storms. It was a toasty 15*...It has been a terribly long winter here in Iowa and I really have the urge to go detecting. I did get some good research in over the winter! :detecting:

I have about 300 beaches within an hours drive from the house here in Cornwall but because of lock down not allowed to go to any of them. It's annoying to watch local beaches wash out to rock and not being able to go and detect on them. Had my jab because of my age so hope to be able to get out in March.
All keep well out there.

Haven't seen any really good finds in the past 2 to 3 weeks, except for a couple of our "Star" metal detectors. I'm assuming everybody has been experiencing bad weather...?? I know I was experiencing snow in bad weather, but the snow is melting off, and I'm going to jump back out there, and take a 2-Day Metal Detecting road trip with the wife. Unfortunately I have to bring her two worthless dogs on this trip,... because I'm too cheap to pay $25 per dog, per day to board them. 🐕
Many of us are experiencing ice cold temperatures and snow. Sounds like it’s all on your shoulders Fastdraw. Put those two worthless dogs to work and help you dig your holes 🤣🤣

I've been posting in todays finds all my finds are with my nox just have the beach except for a big lake that's drained I'm dying to detect!
Mark

I have about 300 beaches within an hours drive from the house here in Cornwall but because of lock down not allowed to go to any of them. It's annoying to watch local beaches wash out to rock and not being able to go and detect on them. Had my jab because of my age so hope to be able to get out in March.
All keep well out there.
Go at night I would.

Yep... snow and freezing ground have shut me down which is rare.
Had good luck in January, but not this month so far.
Go get something nice to show us till we can get back at it.
Good luck!!!

Yep... snow and freezing ground have shut me down which is rare.
Had good luck in January, but not this month so far.
Go get something nice to show us till we can get back at it.
Good luck!!!
I’m sorry to hear of your misfortune 🤭

Its so cold here, stray cats are trying to get in my house. I've had 2 hollering at the front door now. Local weatherman warns against exposed skin, yea its cold. I've been doing research too: Why history teachers go swimming in cold water and have trouble telling time. :rofl: I can't find a thing written about it. :buds:

Mine doesn‘t work in 18 to 20” of snow.

All keep well out there.
Cornwall... UK I presume..? Everybody has experienced a lockdown because of the virus. But if you went down to the beach and there wasn't a single soul on the beach, except you,... what trouble could you get into..?? Would they slap the handcuffs on your wrist and throw you in jail..? I'm asking this question legitimately because I really don't know. Or is the cold In your Northern latitude in England more of a deterrent Factor..?

Its so cold here, stray cats are trying to get in my house. I've had 2 hollering at the front door now. Local weatherman warns against exposed skin, yea its cold. I've been doing research too: Why history teachers go swimming in cold water and have trouble telling time. :rofl: I can't find a thing written about it. :buds:
So where the freezing cats, hollering to be let in at your front door let in from the cold..? My wife's two worthless dogs would be frozen statues. 🐕 "Humor"

Cornwall... UK I presume..? Everybody has experienced a lockdown because of the virus. But if you went down to the beach and there wasn't a single soul on the beach, except you,... what trouble could you get into..?? Would they slap the handcuffs on your wrist and throw you in jail..? I'm asking this question legitimately because I really don't know. Or is the cold In your Northern latitude in England more of a deterrent Factor..?
I contacted our MP to ask if it was allowed for me to drive the 8 miles to a beach, he said you could but you may get stopped by the police and fined so even he didn't know.

I plowed the farm driveway out yesterday after the last couple of storms. It was a toasty 15*...It has been a terribly long winter here in Iowa and I really have the urge to go detecting. I did get some good research in over the winter! :detecting:
Same for me. I’m going to hit a local sledding hill this weekend though, I can’t take it anymore staying inside! They say it’s been our worst winter since 2013-14. I can’t wait for spring.

The police would arrest me as it's an easy collar, very warm at the moment, 12c last night, as we stick out into the Atlantic we don't get the weather that they get in England. Not long to wait now though.