Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Having a hard time understanding?? Please post your small gold finds!!

etracjoe

Why so many think the Etrac is not a good jewelry choice detector? I have not personally tested small gold but I have found a few on edge deep nickels. ( remember I primarily use TTF and dig all high tones in quiet fields) Im thinking with the tid and sound would be in the foil/gold range regardless on a nickel and this would prove to me that it is ok in the gold range. I never have a problem with silver, no that is true.....we all know the Etrac is hot on silver and copper/brass. Just the other day I picked up a silver ring in a ball field that screamed loud and proud with a 12-47 at 10 inches. Do I think it would hit that same ring deeper?? Absolutely no question in my mind. But what about gold? Lead is a very close comparison and I have hit penty of 5-6 inch 22 bullets and shell casings probably a little shallower. In my opinion if you are to look for gold with the Etrac and go to the right place where gold could be expected to be found.......you Will find it. Now how small and deep it will go is another question. Please post your small gold finds with a little description like ID number, depth, type of site worked ground conditions etc. I hope that this will turn into a very informative post. HH Joe

Too many numbers to post :detecting:. There is no doubt that the E-Trac will find the gold but you have to dig a lot of low conductor hits to find it. I've read many posts where they say "some many pull tabs or pieces of foil = 1 gold ring". That might be true for some but I can tell you I've dug a ton of pull tabs and my share of foil number at my parks this year and I'm still looking for my first gold ring this year :shrug: Sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you don't. In my opinion the Explorers and the E-Trac are more suited for deep coins and relics than jewelry. I'd probably be better off looking for jewelry in parks with one of my Tesoro or White's machines. I'm sure I'd find more gold if I were to dig every target I go over but that's not very practical in our parks. If I'm looking for jewelry with my E-Trac or Explorer then I go to the beach where I dig everything.

I disagree with those that say the E-trac is not a good gold finding machine. I continue to find gold rings. I find them in trashy parks using a 6" Excelerator coil or the 5.5 " Sunray. I hunt for jewelry and with that in mind usually find it if it is there. I didn't use to dig so many pull tabs as the E-trac is very accurate on the numbers, but after finding a big man's 14K wedding band with a 14-34 reading and a real nice big man's platinum wedding band at 12-15 I am re-thinking my hunting mode and being more liberal in the numbers I dig in both pull tab and pennies. I have my discrimination with 20 ferrous discriminated out and leave the rest of the screen open for coins.Good luck!

Yes understood, but I think you are misunderstanding where I am going with this. I am talking about small gold. Not flake sized but kids rings and earings and odd shaped and possibly nuggets etc. Large mens rings will sound off loud and proud I'm sure of.

etracjoe said:
Yes understood, but I think you are misunderstanding where I am going with this. I am talking about small gold. Not flake sized but kids rings and earings and odd shaped and possibly nuggets etc. Large mens rings will sound off loud and proud I'm sure of.

yes i would love to see the gold and the id numbers as personally never found any this is mainly because i have concentrated on a couple of paddocks where obviously little gold is to be found but any help with the ids we are looking for as gold does come in different forms thanks for the topic