Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Having fun playing with my new/used CTX

“Cost analysis”....HA! I have analyzed my cost/return ratio. Turns out...I lost! You’re right though guys, this hobby offers something not measured in raw cash, which sadly many people cannot understand....

Good exercise & getting fresh air & talking to our Creator out in the big, wide world while enjoying & having fun digging up coins & relics from the past! Fascinating! :thumbup: Ma Betty

It's heavy, but not a dealbreaker. Sometimes I'll switch to my off hand for awhile. To be fair, the etrac has me do the same thing. For somebody that doesn't have a strong arm, I'd consider the F75. A buddy (Ronstar) uses one-- he cleans house with it, and it feels 1/3 the weight of the minelabs.
Thanks! I tried the F75 years back and when I used it, I felt like I wanted to use the Explorer in stead, every time. I gave it a fair shake, found some stuff, but sold it.
I just gave my Excalibur 1000 to my son. It is five pounds and feels like swinging lead. Poorly balanced though. Can't help worrying the CTX weighs the same... I guess I should go up to the detector shop and swing one around.

Robin...if you have the ability to swing one before buying, do so. That way you don’t feel as if you’re “stuck” with it if it is too heavy. People can talk until they’re blue in the face about how the CTX is ergonomically superior and swings great for a 5.2 lb machine...YOU have to be comfortable with it. But it is absolutely true for me. The difference between a straight shaft with a stalk handle and an S-rod configuration is marked...totally different. The trick with the CTX is using the arm cuff and Velcro strap. Make sure you’re “wearing it” correctly to see if it’s satisfactory.
And of course, swing time between targets has much to do with it. Swinging ANYTHING for a half hour straight between targets takes a toll....

@Ronstar-- lol, covid has been a great excuse to not work out!

@jim-- it's a treasure hunt, who doesn't like those? I love it when I think I've got one thing-- say a memorial, and out pops a Merc instead! On the beach thinking I've got a pull tab and it's a gold ring... zoinks!

Thanks! I tried the F75 years back and when I used it, I felt like I wanted to use the Explorer in stead, every time. I gave it a fair shake, found some stuff, but sold it.
I just gave my Excalibur 1000 to my son. It is five pounds and feels like swinging lead. Poorly balanced though. Can't help worrying the CTX weighs the same... I guess I should go up to the detector shop and swing one around.

A Hip Mount one may help with heaviness, I had one & helped me to be able to detect much longer before becoming too tired! Only, I am so short, it was a chest mount for me! Hope this helps! Happy Hunting! Ma

Robin...if you have the ability to swing one before buying, do so. That way you don’t feel as if you’re “stuck” with it if it is too heavy. People can talk until they’re blue in the face about how the CTX is ergonomically superior and swings great for a 5.2 lb machine...YOU have to be comfortable with it. But it is absolutely true for me. The difference between a straight shaft with a stalk handle and an S-rod configuration is marked...totally different. The trick with the CTX is using the arm cuff and Velcro strap. Make sure you’re “wearing it” correctly to see if it’s satisfactory.
And of course, swing time between targets has much to do with it. Swinging ANYTHING for a half hour straight between targets takes a toll....
Great advise, thanks man!

After a couple days of salmon fishing with a pound of lead on the dropper, I sure felt the weight of the ctx this morning-- I think I'm getting tennis elbow. So as IDX said, weight is weight.

What frustrates me a tad with the ctx is how I can't distinguish clad from silver like I could on the etrac. On the ctx, clad quarters are almost always 12 46; the only silver quarter I found with this machine rang up the same. I did find this nice '35 merc this morning. It rang up 11 42 (high trash setting), the same as a few memorials I dug.

On the etrac I knew when I was digging silver. So far with the ctx, I never know. I guess I'm not alone-- just watched a video by Dr. Tones who has the same problem. The flip side is, I'm hitting more coins.

Attachments

• received_986035558575427.jpeg
    received_986035558575427.jpeg
    95.2 KB · Views: 178