Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hazards

bradwheat777

I was watching Moonshiners and got to wondering has anyone ever run across an active still site or some pot patch etc while hunting? Just never before thought about coming across hazards like these. Thanks and HH.

Bradwheat

-- moved topic --

Never like any you describe but I am more careful around parks with sand boxes after digging up a used syringe. :yikes:
Always use a digging tool to move soil no matter how loose it is.

When I was a youngster my brother and I found the copper coil from a still. It was about two to three hundred yards up a stream from where we lived. It obviously had not been used in many years.

I was fishing in another area many miles from where we found the coil and I smelled the mash cooking. My decision was to vacate the premises as quickly as possible as I certainly did not want a load of small shot in my backside.

Back then some made a little shine for their own consumption and others made some to sell. Big difference in the amount of care taken when making the whiskey.