Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Head Phones

My headphones seem to have a short where the plug meets the jack, you touch it and it works, then it shorts out again in seconds, anyone else have this issue before? This is only a month old will warranty cover all this, I'm calling tomorrow to discuss with the dealer.

yeah they die there allot,,,, all of them do. That is why I like my new hip mount set-up,,,,, the cord never really moves from my back. I am now using my earbuds with even a smaller cord ( was always afraid I'd break that little cord real quick). I like the EB cuz they block 16db of noise but not so much that you cannot hear things around you . Plus I can wear a warm hat in the winter or stay cooler in the summer,,,hope they fix them for ya

Hi Ringking, I sent my Koss phones back to Minelab about 5 weeeks after buying them as the cable entry was cracking and they replaced the cable with an extra long one which is much better.
I found Minelab to be very professional with a no nonsense attitude, they were more than happy to sort out my problem, according to them phones were fully covered under warranty.
Best of luck.

Go cored-less I've been using a blue tooth set up and it works great, the head phones I use are the type go behind the head and over ears so waring a hat is not a problem.

Dongle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004B8GF7Y/ref=pe_175190_21431760_cs_sce_dp_1
Headphones: http://www.amazon.com/ARCTIC-Sound-ORACO-ERM28-GBA01-Headphones-Black/dp/B0040Z1EHY/ref=pd_sim_e_3

if you order this add a 1/8 female to 1/4" male adapter, I use a right angle one. also it will make the shipping free.
HH

so reading a few of the worst reviews on those HP some people find them to small and uncomfortable, a few of them broke in half, and some had problems withrange decreasing over time,,,,,, how long have you had yours and would you recommend them,,,, is there any delay to the signal;???? thanks

I've only been using them for a couple of weeks, so as to how they will stand up over time I couldn't say. They are comfortable and light and the charge lasts as long as care to wear them, so no complaints from me yet, though it would be nice if they had a 1/4" plug

Biggest majority are all junk! I had a pair of Jimmy Sierra that I sent in to get a short fixed and they repaired them for free and they lasted about 2 weeks. Ordered a pair of sun rays they lasted about a month and the jack connection went bad. I am sick and tired of paying shipping for defaulty garbage sending it back to the factory. Why don't they pay shipping on defective garbage, and maybe it would increase quality quite a bit I would think.
Just went thru the same nonsense with puters. They are all throw away junk and the stores don't fix any. They just send them back to the maker and they melt them down. Where has quality gone!

mother boards are replaced,NOT repaired,and you better damn well
"hope" it "croaks" within either the 1 year warranty,OR your 3 year
warranty form a separate carrier!..as far as headphones are concerned,
i have the qz-99's from koss,and they are unique in that if ANYTHING goes
wrong ,they will repair them for a lifetime,all they require is a "paltry" shipping
charge of $7.99 be sent with the phones when you mail them back!..just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

When manufacturing a product you have quality control, but it is on maybe every 100Th item being made. It is not cost efficient to check every item or time wise to do so. Since all of them can't be checked, you might get a bad one out of maybe 1000 or more. Now as computers go (I am an IT Tech) you buy cheap items don't expect them to last long. A good mother board cost at least $100.00 or more.

this is essentially correct as it is "cost prohibitive" to check every one on the
production line,and this is generally the industry "'standard" in a COMMERCIAL production environment!
just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.